close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Glock Next?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 1s1k52, Dec 30, 2011.

1. 1s1k52

1s1k52

I have full intentions on buying another Glock next year. I have tossed up a lot and the list seems to be growing instead of getting smaller.

I currently own a G27 Gen 4 with meprolite night sights. Could not ask for a better gun. I currently have a +2 peirce extension that I pinches my finger so some glock extensions are coming.

I think the gun I will end up getting is a G20SF. I think I should have went with a 29sf to start.

Only reason I think that is for 100.00 I get barrels to shoot 9, 40. 357 sig. Only reason I am not thinking of getting a G29sf is I want a larger pistol for better accuracy and mag cap for SHTF and a hunting BUG

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

2. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Here's the deal........

......... you must buy them both.

Take it from a guy who went to buy a 20SF, ended up leaving with a 29SF(which I love), and still wants a 20SF.

The reason these decisions are so hard is because you need both guns. Once you realize that, it's just a matter of deciding which to get first.

Oh and the 29 is plenty accurate and will run the 15rd G20 mags no problem.

3. Taurus851

Taurus851

what about a glock 21 or 17? both great guns...

4. 03Cobra

03Cobra

I just went to get a 20sf today, but they were out of stock so it should be here in a few weeks. I can't wait to get it and picked the 20 for the same reasons that you mentioned. Good luck, can't really go wrong

5. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I own the G20 and G29. If you have one, you will want the one other too. :cool:

6. 1s1k52

1s1k52

Damn it you guys suck :D As if I am not having a hard enough time as it is. I am also trying to get a Marlin 336 with fiber sights on them.

I intend on buying 1 pistol every year if money allows. We are full time students and I am trying to get a different job so i can hopefully afford the pay cut to join a local LEO academy.

Anyways so in a nutshell I need to decide on one. and IF money allows 2.

Why no other glocks? 21,17 etc. The versatility of the 20/29sf wins it over. and I am not a fan of the .45. Maybe its ignorance I dont know. Just nothing I have read to date wins me over.

PLUS I really want a 10mm for BUG hunting pigs so if barrels cant be afforded atleast I have my 10mm.

I am going to hijack my own post. Is there any glocks I dont know about that I should consider? I.E....RTF..RTF,S.. I really only look to the website and sometimes browse other places. for example I just found out the other day there is a 21s. Anything to accommodate small hands, grip, and better sights are a plus for me.

The thing I like about the Gen 4 I have is the recoil, sights, (meprolight I had installed) and frame.

I was at academy one day and grabbed a glock 23. The grab was almost like flexible rubber. and it was the frame. nothing aftermarket . At that time the guy told me it was a Gen 4. Needless to say when I went to buy a gen 4 it wasnt the same and to this day no one knows what it could be.

Thanks for all the replies.

7. yrbender

yrbender

G29 EDC. Oh yeah, have the G20 too. Go 10mm you won't look back.

8. itstime

itstime

Of the two 10's I would get the 20. You already heve the 27 so go full size. I have the 20 and really don't see a need for a 29.

9. 1s1k52

1s1k52

Without trying to go to into it. I wish they made a 10mm in the compact size. I.E. G23

That would be my ideal gun.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

The Glock 30 is to me close in size to the Glock 19 so I would guess there isn't a big difference comparing the G29 to the G23.

11. 1s1k52

1s1k52

Yeah I could see that.The 29 is almost a medium between a compact and a subcompact. judging on the specs on the website.

12. 1s1k52

1s1k52

I didnt know if started a new thread would be good or not so I will just hijack this one.

What barrels are best and why?

When I bought my Glock. I literally had no idea so much could be done. Some of the stuff you guys have done is intimidating.

I know they are great guns, better than most, stock ,but am I missing out on not further modding my Gen 4 G27 before moving on to another gun? For example. I hate the mag release and have a tough time with it as well as others that have shot it.

Ultimately the decision is mine. Some knowledge from people would be nice though

13. kj4963

kj4963

I think my next glock will be the G20SF, but that could change!:dunno:

14. chrisw

chrisw

I am surprised that nobody said a g22 or g23 for caliber and mag compatability with your 27, so I will be the one to do it. My favorite handgun(s) I currently own are my two glock 19's. They are a great do it all compromise firearm. Size is good enough for a "service" sidearm type role but can stil conceal well. If you already have a .40 I would recommend the 23 first especially if you plan to buy new instead of used. If you want the full size and especially if you are not opposed to buying used look at a 22. The 22's seem to run a lot cheaper on the used market than the rest of the glock lineup due to all the police trade ins out on the market. I got my near mint glock 22 with still bright night sights and 3 mags for $350. Flawless operation and only very minor marks on the slide that can only be noticed with very careful examination. Another option is if you have gun shows in your area that you frequent, you may just stumble on a dealer that has a whole pile of police trade glocks for sale that they will let you pick through. While they usually are 22's there are often other models as well.

15. Glock Master

Glock Master

The G20 or G29 are very good pistols.

16. Josh83

Josh83

I'm hurting for an OD G30 right now.

17. venenoindy

venenoindy

G17 and G21 by far my favorite Glock's.

18. Metal_Tiger

Metal_Tiger

19. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Da Fk'n Man

To avoid the pay cut you could join the GSSF for 2 or more years and receive a coupon to purchase one blue label Glock every year... It's a great deal and you will have to find a Blue Label dealer by contacting Glock customer service but the discount will be worth it if you want to buy a handgun each year. Check out the GSSF on their website and as a bonus as a member you can take the Glock armorers course too

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  20. 1s1k52

1s1k52

Which was going to be next gun (G22) but when i found that I could for sure get barrels for the G20 to shoot 4 calibers it seemed like a no brainer to me. That way if I cant afford a whole new pistol but want to move calibers for...whatever reason...It will be a quarter of the price.