Glock Talk banner

Which Glock model is this?

1312 22
I found this while browsing google. I've never seen a Glock 20 in .40 instead of 10mm.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not anything close to an authority on Glocks but I thought that with the 20 you could just drop in a 40 cal conversion barrel and you were good to go.
That's true, you can even shoot .40 straight out of G20 OEM barrel (personally i don't want to do it because of the extractor, but you can certainly do it), but i have never seen a Glock 20 with a .40 stamp on it. That's what interests me. Every G20 i've ever seen says 10mm auto on the slide, but this one says .40.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
You probably found a scamming site with a photoshopped image. Google is full of them, you can run a search for buying a Glock and there will be at least one or two on the front page that are scams, some have photoshopped pictures of Glocks.

There is no .40 Glock 20. The Glock 20 is a 10mm.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You probably found a scamming site with a photoshopped image. Google is full of them, you can run a search for buying a Glock and there will be at least one or two on the front page that are scams, some have photoshopped pictures of Glocks.

There is no .40 Glock 20. The Glock 20 is a 10mm.
That makes sense. It has to be photoshopped. Thanks for reply.
Btw, i like your signature.

Cheers

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
I just looked, and found two different sites that were selling that had this exact same image.

Interesting thing is, they show you this photo of a .40 caliber G20 Gen4 but upon reading the description they are clearly referring to a 10mm.

·
MacGyver
10,427 Posts
.40 and 10mm use the same bullets, not the same cartridges/case/primer/powder load.

Perhaps this is a picture of a Glock sold in a country where they designate the BULLET, not the cartridge round, ie a place where only the .40 is available.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.40 and 10mm use the same bullets, not the same cartridges/case/primer/powder load.

Perhaps this is a picture of a Glock sold in a country where they designate the BULLET, not the cartridge round, ie a place where only the .40 is available.

Good point, but then again, why even offer G20, instead of G22? I think Indivi is right, it's probably photoshopped by some scammers.

·
Registered
11,866 Posts
I have never heard of anyone intentionally marking one caliber as another. Seeing as the markings are done by Glock, I don't see this as being a possibility - namely the two calibers being distinct and the usual lawyer talk that comes along with only using ammunition that is chambered for and marked on the gun. Seems counter-intuitive.

I also doubt anyone has ever seen a .40 marked G20, that wasn't in a stock photo.

In all honesty, this photo looks more of a G22 Gen 4, with the G20 edited in. To me, it does not look like a large frame.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's true, you can even shoot .40 straight out of G20 OEM barrel (personally i don't want to do it because of the extractor, but you can certainly do it), but i have never seen a Glock 20 with a .40 stamp on it. That's what interests me. Every G20 i've ever seen says 10mm auto on the slide, but this one says .40.
Can you please explain how one could fire a shorter cased, rimless round from a 10mm barrel?

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Can you please explain how one could fire a shorter cased, rimless round from a 10mm barrel?
First, neither the 10mm or 40S&W are "rimless" so the extractor hangs on to the rim of the 40S&W. Competition shooters do it all the time.

Liquid Solution Fluid Drinkware Alcoholic beverage

To shoot 10mm or 40S&W or 9mm from a wheel gun you need moon clips.

Auto part Font Cylinder Metal Circle

·
Registered
112 Posts
First, neither the 10mm or 40S&W are "rimless" so the extractor hangs on to the rim of the 40S&W. Competition shooters do it all the time.
First, it’s not my terminology. The classifications of Rimmed, rimless, semi-rimmed, belted and rebated rim have been in use far longer than I’ve been shooting, which is in its 4th decade now.
Second, please don’t try to split hairs with me, I’m far better at it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Just like you can shoot 9mm Luger in a pistol chambered for 9 Largo, when shooting .40 in a 10mm chamber, the extractor holds the case head against the bolt face. While it can be done, it's not good for the extractor and will certainly cause problems if done with enough frequency. Other than that, I imagine the .40 S&W should feed through a 10mm magazine without any problems. However I freely admit that I have never owned any .40 or 10mm guns and have zero experience with them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts