close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which Glock for my GSSF Purchase Coupon?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dooga, Jul 20, 2012.

1. dooga

dooga 5 year in with Glocks

OK, without any context, which Glock should I get with my GSSF coupon? I already have the G26, G17, and G23. Was considering the G20, G36, and G27. Consider this: I don't swap barrels. I am open to anything, including the G30, etc. I would just like to crowd-source my next Glock. Please, don't keep your choice within in the box. Please don't tell me: Glock single-stack 9 or Glock Carbine -- I won't buy it. Also considering the long Glocks: G17L (do they make these?), G34, G35. Now that I've confused you... :cool:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  2. Melissa5

Melissa5

I vote for a G35. I recently got a gen 4 for USPSA and I absolutely love that gun. :supergrin:

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

I'd go for the Glock 34.

4. dooga

Glock 34 and Glock 35 -- so interesting. I already have a Glock 23 and 17 -- so many people really love the big Glocks. Very interesting. The G17 (Gen 1) is a real tack-driver. I am very interested how this is going. Please, fire for effect! :supergrin:

5. davsco

davsco

g20 or 21 would give you a totally different gun that what you have, power-wise.

g34 would let you start playing in games - idpa, uspsa, steel challenge, not that you couldn't do it with your g17.

6. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Everyone should have a G19 ;)

7. dooga

If I get a G19, I want a Gen 2. I will buy that used. What should I get new?

8. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

G20, then you will have a big frame Glock, and you can get a barrel to shoot 40 too like your other 40SW Glock, then you can also get barrels for other calibers, and if you ever decide you can also swap the slide to shoot 45 ACP and a couple of other clibers in that slide with conversion barrels (400 corbon, 40 super), you will never get bored with it.

:supergrin:

9. dooga

You've got me compelled by the 20. That's a very unique piece, eh? And .357 SIG too?

10. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

I can respect that...but please don't say it's because of BTF.

11. Fire_Medic

With just a barrel swap on the G20 you can shoot 357 SIG, 40SW, and 9X25 Dillon, using the same G20 mags.

With the G21 upper then you can shoot 45 ACP, and get barrels for 400 Corbon and 40 Super.

I think it's a very versatile model and it's a lot of fun, that's why I recently picked up a G20SF and will soon be shooting through it having fun. My reloading stuff for it came in and I have a barrel en route so I can push the velocities......

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241

12. dooga

My G26 is a Gen 4. I think they're dandy. Won't ever relinquish my G26.

What about the G30 or G36? The G27?

13. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Are you looking for other calibers just to have them (i.e. collection purposes)? ...or are you looking for something you know you're going to use all the time...Honest question. I see conversion barrels being thrown around a lot, but IMO that is a work around for range use only. If your going to carry...pick a caliber, shoot it, become proficient with it, and stick with it. If you think .40, .357, 10mm or .45 is best for SD then that's what you should be carrying all the time. It doesnt make any sense to do otherwise. On the other hand if your just looking to collect and occasionally throw some rounds downrange, then the book is wide open.

14. dooga

In that case, I should only have one: my Gen 4 G26, right? Or G19. Just one, and let my muscles memorize it. Like my buddy Olivier is mated with his M9/92FS.

15. Fire_Medic

This is just MHO, but what has been mentioned about getting a caliber and stocking to it, i buy into to that to certain point.

This same topic of conversation is what brought me back to Glock. No matter what caliber the Glock is, it works the same, same manual of arms. To take it a step further all my Glocks have the same exact sights and trigger setups.

I reload and tried doing the one caliber thing for a while, and you know what it gets boring. I understand the need to train and be prepared, but there comes a point where you can just bore yourself, and (at least for me) this should all be fun not boring.

So the Glock platform offers all the calibers I enjoy shooting and then some, offers me the same manual of arms, parts commonality between many models, ability to share mags between pistols of different sizes in the same caliber, etc, etc.

It's your money, your gun, your certificate, going off your first post I think you have your bases covered for SD etc, you said you wanted something fun, so do that and go get it.

Too many people go overboard with this stuff and forget that going out to shoot should be fun, just like any other sport in life.

:wavey:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  16. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

17. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

I'd go 19 for a fact!! 2nd would be a 30SF!

18. avenues165

avenues165

There are too many to choose, here are some I dream about lately:

G20 - 10mm!! Also, many other calibers to convert to.
    G29 - 10mm carry and can be converted to other calibers.
    G34, G35, G17L, G24 - Longslide! I have a G24 and it is a super fun range gun, try shooting one at a longer range, a lot of fun. I personally would go with the .40 models, so you can also shoot 357 sig (fun) and 9mm (cheap and fun)
    G21 - .45acp is a man putter-downer!
    G30 - .45acp for carry.

My next will probably be a used G23 that I want to lay away tomorrow (about 75% sure, I want one bad, but I already have more than a "few" guns:whistling:). They have two, a used Gen 3 and a used Gen 4, I think I'll go Gen 4.

19. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

21 Gen4 or 30 Gen4
    -Joel

20. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

I EDC Gen 4 27. If you have never shot one,do it. Accurate and a lot of fun to shoot. Now I have a question. I see everyone talking about GSSF coupons and wondering how to you get these?