Glock Talk banner

Which company replaced the black talon round

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  thegriz18 
#1 ·
Just wondering which company made the black talon, i heard another company is making it and just changed the name on it. Is this true.

#2 ·
Winchester PDX-1 .40S&W. Its fantastic. Supposedly its black talon without the name.

#3 ·
Black Talon was the first of the Winchester SXT designs. It has been updated a few times and is now sold in their Law Enforcement line under the name of Ranger T-Series. It no longer uses the black lubalux coating.

#4 ·
Winchester was the original maker of the Black Talon, and after some negative publicity they changed the name to SXT and dropped the black coating on the bullet so it looked different. It is now called Winchester Ranger-T and Winchester only sells it to Law Enforcement however there is no law prohibiting the sale, possession, or use of it by ordinary citizens.

Winchester PDX-1 is simply Winchester Ranger Bonded, boxed in 20rd boxes for the commercial market.

#6 ·
Winchester PDX-1 is simply Winchester Ranger Bonded, boxed in 20rd boxes for the commercial market.
Which is freaking bull crap! I hate how the ammo companies try to screw us for $1 a round when they sell the same ammo for ~$.60 a round in the Ranger line. That's almost 100% mark up! It really makes me mad. I don't understand what we are supposed to do with a 20 round box of ammo. I can't even fill two magazines with it. If it wasn't some of the best ammo on the market I wouldn't buy it!

My go to is Winchester Ranger T (RA40TA), but finding it can be tough sometimes. The 165 grain PDX1 load is my locally available alternative, should the need arise.

#8 ·
Which is freaking bull crap! I hate how the ammo companies try to screw us for $1 a round when they sell the same ammo for ~$.60 a round in the Ranger line. That's almost 100% mark up! It really makes me mad. I don't understand what we are supposed to do with a 20 round box of ammo. I can't even fill two magazines with it. If it wasn't some of the best ammo on the market I wouldn't buy it!

My go to is Winchester Ranger T (RA40TA), but finding it can be tough sometimes. The 165 grain PDX1 load is my locally available alternative, should the need arise.
I've been told that the difference in price (for the quantity) is because the 50rd boxes for LE did not have the federal excise tax paid since it was intended for LE. The 20rd boxes did have the excise tax paid on it (by the manufacturers) and the cost is passed along to consumers.

#9 ·
I've been told that the difference in price (for the quantity) is because the 50rd boxes for LE did not have the federal excise tax paid since it was intended for LE. The 20rd boxes did have the excise tax paid on it (by the manufacturers) and the cost is passed along to consumers.
The excise tax is ~40%?!!:wow: I think there is still some mark up.

50 rounds of PDX1 in 9mm = $53
50 rounds of Ranger Bonded in 9mm = $30

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.