Glock Talk banner

Which car would you get. (BMW's)

1982 Views 29 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  T Earl
I am looking at getitng a new car and keeping in the 35k range. I was thinking of getting the new BMW 325i, the new model comming out in September. Or a 2005 BMW 525 for roughtly the same price.

James
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Coffee Snob
332 Posts
Originally posted by tnoisaw
I bought a 91’ 735il a few months ago off ebay. It’s in great shape but high miles. It runs great! Above all, I got it for 2,500.
I have a friend who Just bought a 1999 750IL and he says it is great.
He lives out of state though so I have never driven it.

· Registered
300 Posts
FWIW, I bought a 2006 325i with sport, adaptive xenon, and steptronic for about 37. That was with 1 additional year of maintenance putting it at 5 year 100,000 and the paint and interior protection (comes with free periodic detail jobs).

I haven't looked back. It's a fantastic car and is made to be driven. It's manners seem better the harder you drive it. If you are on the fence, here's a breeze pushing you the 325 way. Or I gues you could wait and get a 328 sedan. Not sure about pricing on that.

G

·
I've had a couple of 7's and four 5's and one 3 (a M). The one I really liked was a 540 with the sport package. Great handling car. The 3 with the M package was fast but not as versatile as the 540.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
I can't help you. I kinda liked the 325i (looks) but I just did some research on it.

3350lbs, 225hp, less than 190lb ft of torque? The magazines didn't see that impressed by it's handling either. A Toyota Camry would be more fun to drive.

I think it's way overpriced for a mild-performing sedan.

JMO.

Ron3

· Señor Member
4,410 Posts
Originally posted by Ron3
...A Toyota Camry would be more fun to drive....
Sir, put down the crack pipe and STEP AWAY from the keyboard!!!

· Skeet Surfer
896 Posts
After driving my mom's 05 325 Touring (Sport Package, makes a HUGE difference...), I have reached the conclusion that unfortunately, BMW still hands down makes the best sports sedans out there. Crisp handling, enough power to keep you out of trouble, great brakes, good looks, nice interior. The all around package

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Originally posted by Tennessee Slim
Sir, put down the crack pipe and STEP AWAY from the keyboard!!!
I'm just saying, if you don't mind not having a back seat you could buy a 2004 Corvette Z06 for the same price (Mid $30K) and a far better handling, braking, accelerating car. Would still get upper 20mpg on the highway too.

How about a subaru WRX? $10000 cheaper and I bet it would handle, brake, and accellerate just as good as that BMW, and also has 4-doors.

Okay, I'll give you that the Toyota Camary wouldn't handle as good as the 325i, but it would out-acceralate it.

Ron3

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.