Which C-More? Which mounts? Help!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by demonloop, Mar 7, 2005.

1. demonloop

demonloop

Hi, I want a C-more red dot set up for using on a range only G17.

I have seen the 'THE' accessories / Glockmeister style mount and others talk about carver mounts. Which would be the best for me? I cant find anywhere online selling carver mounts.

I have Heinie slantpros fitted and would like a mojnt that lets me see these as well.

Which C-more sight would you recommend? The railway seems the popular one?

And what is the 4/6/8/ MOA about? Sorry for being dumb!

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Jerry's right, you should give yourself the pleasure of dealing directly with Bobby to answer your questions about which mount.

(But I see a Carver Hunter/Weaver mount and CMore Railway in your future.) Just got the regular Carver Weaver and CMore from my lovely better-half for Christmas and it's a blast. Can't wait for Indy. ;f

(The 'MOA' just refers to dot-size and how many minutes-of-angle the dot subtends (area it covers on the target) at a given distance. 8 bigger than 4, etc. Bobby can also explain all this & make recommendations based on your intended use for the rig.)

4. demonloop

demonloop

How does the c-more react to rain? Does it fu*k things up or it it OK? I am gonna be paper-punching at 25yds / 50 yds so I guess I need about a 6 or 8 MOA dot?

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

If 50 yards is your game I would think 6MOA is as large as you would want to go. As to water I can't say. I'm still using a tube scope so I don't have any experience other than seeing folks using C-mores at matches when it's raining. But the shooting positions are almost always covered so that doesn't count does it. :)

6. demonloop

demonloop

Your right about my range being covered but there are other ranges locally that you are covered by blue sky only!

Thanks for all the info guys!!

Any more ideas / thoughts welcomed.

7. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

I can't comment about "other" brands,but I cannot imagine a better mount than a Carver Hunter. I bought one and Mr.Carver is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    When you talk with him it will become evident you're talking to a real shooting pro.

8. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

As Fireglock and others above have stated... look into the Carver Mount!

If you want to use your current Heinie sites with the C-More red dot, you will want the Carver "Hunter" mount, not the Carver "Competition" mount. Mr. Carver will get you set up properly.

I highly recommend the Carver Mount. You will not find a better designed, stronger mount and better customer service than what Carver Mounts provide.

Good luck and have fun!
    LG

9. demonloop

demonloop