close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Which brand aftermarket barrel for Glock 10mm?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Glockman454, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Glockman454

Glockman454

Which brand aftermarket barrel will give me the BEST case support for my Glock G20?

My main concern is the best barrel for hot loads while maintaining accuracy.

2. Vulcanese

Vulcanese Furious Retard

After being fired in a Jarvis barrel, my Winchester cases can be inserted into a Dillon 10mm case guage. That is very good support. I cannot comment on other aftermarket manufacturers.

3. Lennyjoe

Lennyjoe

Storm Lake has great case support as well. Also, they are going for $98 on topglock and are a great quality barrel for half the price!

4. Glockman454

Glockman454

Since posting this, I did some home work and I think Jarvis is the barrel for me. I have got conflicting claims about fitting. They are drop-in without need for fitting are they not? And do any other parts need changed such as ejectors or anything?

Thanks

5. Lennyjoe

Lennyjoe

Don't know about the Jarvis but my Storm Lake dropped right in and hasn't had any issues yet other than my reloading whoes and plated bullets.

6. Vulcanese

Vulcanese Furious Retard

Jarvis makes both types - "drop in" and "fitting required." Mine was drop in and worked out great. For typical handgun accuracy requirements, drop in is sufficient. A fitted barrel (fitted by a competent gunsmith/craftsman, hopefully) has the potential to be more accurate, but at handgun shooting distances the difference is probably negligible. Choose whichever suits you.

It is not necessary for the sake of safety to change parts other than the barrel in your G20, but you may find that you will get more reliable performance with a heavier than stock recoil spring and/or magazine spring, especially if you plan to shoot the more potent 10mm loadings(180gr @ 1350fps+)

7. DHart

DHart

I bought and installed a KKM barrel for my Glock 29 before even firing it with the factory barrel. THe KKM dropped in without any fitting required, gives excellent case support, and has been perfectly reliable from day one. I'd buy another KKM without any hesitation.

[​IMG]

8. klmmicro

klmmicro

I have 2 KKM barrels I use in my G20 and both are great. One is their 6" hunting barrel and the other is just stock length. I wanted to shoot lead and the KKM does that well.

Besides the barrels for the G20, my G23 has 2 as well. One is stock and the other a 9mm conversion barrel. All 4 were (and are) drop in and came ready to go.

I think that any of the barrels from Barsto, Jarvis or KKM are going to be top notch. I cannot speak for Federal or Storm Lake as I do not own them, but I have not heard any complaints about them.

9. Crazy Ed

Crazy Ed Senior Member

SOLD! My KKM for my G20 will be here Tuesday! Can't wait.

Ed :supergrin:

10. BuffaloBo

BuffaloBo

5" KKM barrel here. Brass lasts a LONG time. EXCELLENT case support. Only complaint is that it's not black like stock. Anyways, no biggie...

BuffBo

11. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member