Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What grain ammo will function best in the rifleing of the Colt 6920, and 6921 (14.5 inch), as well as the Sig SBR 10 inch rifle? Will all of these rifles feed commercial hunting and target ammo? Whats the best cheap yet accuret stock pileable range ammo? Will the above rifles feed wolf without an issues? What grains will if any will jam the rifles?
Is the military green or black tip AP ammo? If not, what does it do that win white box .556 wont?

·
Registered
5,463 Posts
so you went through the hassle of getting a tax stamp to turn your rifle into an sbr,

yet you dont know what the twist rate of your barrel is,

nor the difference between green and black tip .. nor what the white box walmart ammo is ?

·
Texan
3,790 Posts
I don't think you can exactly call the 6920 an M4 unless it has selective fire options. My LE6920 has a 1:7 twist rate, so it likes heavier bullets (something around 68 gr) seems to do the best. The cheapest without going online or buying in huge bulk seems to be the 100 round federal boxes at walmart for $40.

I don't usually shoot Wolf out of any of my guns just because it is so much dirtier. My Colt has never jammed with any ammo so far, but I keep it very clean and use a silicone cloth on the outside parts like the barrel and receiver.

And since it doesn't seem like you have had much experience, you will need to dissemble the bolt on the 6920 after shooting quite a few rounds, because it gets unbelievably dirty in there. Also don't use too much oil in the firing pin channel or whatever it's called if your are going to let it sit for a while without firing.

ETA: It should say on the side of your barrel what the twist rate is, and once you figure this out then google what loads do well with that twist.

·
Monkeyboy
6,286 Posts
so you went through the hassle of getting a tax stamp to turn your rifle into an sbr,

yet you dont know what the twist rate of your barrel is,

nor the difference between green and black tip .. nor what the white box walmart ammo is ?
There's no proof of that, from the original post. All I see is that he was asking questions:
Original, by alfred10:
Which ammo for Sig SBR 556, Colt M4? AP?
What grain ammo will function best in the rifleing of the Colt 6920, and 6921 (14.5 inch), as well as the Sig SBR 10 inch rifle? Will all of these rifles feed commercial hunting and target ammo? Whats the best cheap yet accuret stock pileable range ammo? Will the above rifles feed wolf without an issues? What grains will if any will jam the rifles?
Is the military green or black tip AP ammo? If not, what does it do that win white box .556 wont?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts