GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I saw a great deal on Remington 36 grain hypervelocity.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have had the best luck sticking with 40 grain ammo. The 36 grain stuff can be hit or miss when it comes to proper feeding. Any thing from CCI that is 40gr has worked great in mine. Aguila and Federal ammo has worked well too.

I broke the 5,000 round mark the other day while testing out two new ProMag 18 round magazines. I have 4 of them now and they work as well as my 4 OEM magazines.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mini Mags, CCI blazer lead and Federal Champion copper run perfect in mine. Had some issues with Federal bulk lead initially but now that it’s broken in I don’t have many issues with it.

·
Kydex Crafter
6,303 Posts
Mine has run everything I put in in flawlessly. It likes YellowJackets the best.....

Reactions: Paul53

·
Registered
290 Posts
With the original question being what ammo does your 44 like best, I expected to see a few 25 yard rested group sizes. All of the above posts relate to the pistol simply cycling. Has anyone shot a group less than 3" with any brand?

·
Registered
678 Posts
With the original question being what ammo does your 44 like best, I expected to see a few 25 yard rested group sizes. All of the above posts relate to the pistol simply cycling. Has anyone shot a group less than 3" with any brand?
I haven't done much testing from a rest at 25 yards with mine. It will keep all 10 or 18 rounds (depending on mags) in a 5 inch circle target at 25 yards without using a rest. And it is minute of clay bird out to 50 yards. I mostly use CCI Standard, CCI Mini Mags, Federal Champion 510, and lately Aquila Super Extra.

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
9,477 Posts
Armscor

Reactions: Paul53

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nothing but Mini Mags and not a problem with over 1000 rounds (after the first 50 rounds had issue with ejection 1 or 2 times). I've read many reviews where 36 grain (especially Federal) is a no go.

·
Registered
678 Posts
One of the few 36 grain bullets that has worked great and one of the most accurate for me has been bulk Federal Champion 36 grain in the round cans. Unfortunately I ran out of that before I could test it in my ProMag's.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
When it comes to 22 ammo my only domestic option worth my money is CCI
Considering the current ammo shortage if the choice was use Remington or Winchester or not shoot at all, then I would pick up one of these, generally from my perspective it is definitely a last resort. Federal is not much better. mic I run out of CCI or can’t find any to buy at a less than insane price I go for European made ammo such as Eley rws or sk which at this point can be found for about the same price as the domestic crap Remington or Winchester

·
Registered
284 Posts
I agree with MajorD, CCI is heads and shoulders above other domestic brands. Thankfully I have a several thousand rounds of it, both Mini Mag and 40 grain Blazers. But I pick up what ever I find now. I’ve even purchased Winchester and Remington Golden Bullets lately. I wish I could find some Federal 550 round Value Packs 36 grain copper plated hp. While not in the same class as CCI, for me they have been the best value for plinking ammo with only issue being a rare misfire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mines hates yellow jackets, herters and Winchester bulk. Eats everything else I’ve tried. Blazers,American eagle, thunderbolts,cci SV, mini mags, stingers, Aguila, and armscor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
A lot of Blazer zero issues.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
My G44 shoots great with most ammo. Some better than others. I try to find ammo that is reliable thru my gun. I just get bulk ammo if it works ,I buy more. Now that theres pretty much no ammo to buy im into my stash of 22LR. I saved a target I shot on 3/19/20 was a 5 shot handheld group at 25 yards. Best 3 into 1" with 2 almost touching. 4 of 5 into 1 1/2", and 5 shots into under 2 1/2".

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts