Which Aftermarket Sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by kairos, Mar 6, 2017.

1. kairos

kairos

I have a Glock 21 SF with factory Trijicon H 2 10 sights.These sights appear small especially in daytime.They are approx 8 years old.Needing suggestions for an aftermarket set of sights.Wanting them alittle larger than these for both nightime and daytime.Night sights are preferred as this is a CCW gun.

2. ltj9296

ltj9296

I like XS Big Dots for fast sight acquisition, also the Ameriglo I- Dots are nice, imo.

3. kairos

kairos

Itj9296,Do these come as Night Sights as well.

4. ltj9296

ltj9296

Yes, the XS 24/7 Big Dot are front and rear night sights. The front dot is very large with a shallow rear v. You may want to check on some videos of them. Some folks don't like the large front sight, but a lot of guys like me love them. The Ameriglos I Dots have a smaller front sight, which some people prefer. They are also night sights. They both use the dot the I type sight system which I prefer over the 3 dots, but sights are very personal choice. What I like you may hate, lol.

5. mustangman40

mustangman40

I also prefer stacking the two dots over lining up 3 dots.
    I put the Ameriglo Pro I-Dots with orange front on my G27 and really like them a lot.
    For me, easy acquisition and easy to shoot. Focus on the orange dot in daylight, stack the two glowing dots in low light.
    That my .02.
    Good luck with your decision.

Emmett4glock likes this.
  6. kairos

kairos

Ive decided on the XS Big Dot

Emmett4glock likes this.
  7. ltj9296

ltj9296

I really like the Big Dots, my eyesight is not as good as it once was, and Big Dots are easy to see quickly. Also, you do not need a rear sight pusher tool for Big Dots. They include everything you need to install with the sights. Just be sure and have the front sight straight, and rear sight in the middle of the dovetail before you use the included lock-tite.

8. njl

njl Crusty Member

I find, particularly when trying to shoot both eyes open, no dots on the rear and something highly visible on the front is the best way to go. The ideal sights would be night sights setup with a highly visible ring (probably white or orange) around the front vial, and a rear sight that has vials blended into a black notched blade such that they're not even visible unless it's dark enough for their glow to be seen.

9. 4Rules

4Rules

10. JDD7

JDD7

Truglo TFO

11. njl

njl Crusty Member

I've never been a fan of Glock rear sights held in by a set screw...but other than that, those look like they're worth trying.

12. Konko

Konko

Recently installed Truglo TFX's to my Glock 32...quite a difference now...for the positive...

13. njl

njl Crusty Member

I've gone ahead and ordered a set of the Ameriglo Pro I-Dot sights to try out on a G19 I should be picking up this week.

14. njl

njl Crusty Member

I picked up the G19 over the weekend, and the sights arrived today. I'm happy to report, that though it's really not clear on the Ameriglo site, the rear in a GL-201 set of Pro I-Dots is a friction fit, no set screw. The rear is on the tall side, and my ancient MGW Glock sight pusher (I assume it's whatever was the first model...at the time it was their only model for Glocks) just barely accommodated the rear with maybe 1mm of height to spare.

Now I just have to wait for the loctite to cure and likely for the weekend to be able to get out and shoot it again.

Emmett4glock likes this.
  15. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

I just received a set of Ameriglo I Dot Pros (GL-301 lime green) yesterday and put them on my G26 today. As ngl stated there is no set screw on the more recent models. The tritium is going to take a bit of getting used to. When I get the correct sight alignment, both tritium sights appear to be the same size. The issue I'm having with the tritium sight picture is that I see one very distinct front dot but two rear dots in total darkness. I guess as time goes on I will adjust. The photoluminescent front sight is outstanding. Another helpful aid was that I had placed a Crimson Trace laser grip laser on and adjusted it using the original Glock sights. It gives me a good indication of the sight picture ten yards and under using the new Ameriglo sights. Like ngl, I'm waiting for the loctite to cure.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  16. Konko

Konko

It took me about a week to get used to my TFX...now all is normal again...

Emmett4glock likes this.
  17. Emmett4glock

Emmett4glock

Good choice kairos. I work better with a two dot system than a three dot. I've wrestled between the XS Big Dot and Ameriglo I Dots for a very long time. I finally went with the I Dots because it had a couple of features that I preferred.

Konko likes this.
  18. 4Rules

4Rules

They are not 'held in with a set screw', they are slightly over-sized, you fit them with a hand file and then tap them into the slide cut with a small mallet. This friction fit is what holds the sight in place. The Locktite and the set screw are just gravy.

Walk Soft likes this.
  19. Sadie1300

Sadie1300

I actually just recently got a very similar set up on my 43. I have the laser mounted on the trigger guard and the I dots. I can't actually say if I like the sights or not because the sights are more for back up. The laser works great, very accurate, the only problem is the laser comes on as soon as you grip the gun. You can't turn the laser off, thus if you are looking at the sights, the laser is on too. I can't shoot like that without putting a piece of tape over the laser. What little I have used the i dots on their own, they seem quick! I really really like the laser on this gun though

Emmett4glock likes this.