Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been a while since I bought my last gun and I think I'm do for one. I want to get something in 9mm because I don't have any 9mm's yet.
Which one should I get and why?

Alright here's the kicker. It can't be a Glock because my EDC is a 23 and I want a different platform. It will probably be used at the range mainly but I will probably carry it sometimes.

At first I was thinking about getting a Kahr PM9 so I could carry it but now I'm kind of leaning towards a full size one. I narrowed it down to:

Beretta 92fs
CZ75B
Browning Hi Power
Sig P226<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Beretta PX4 Storm....IMO very under-rated.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Walther P99AS because its simply bad a*s

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
What do you want to use it for? Carry? Range toy? HD? Truck gun? Competition?

Whats your budget?

·
Cold Infidel
820 Posts
I don't know of any other firearms that can match the durablity and reliability of the G19 and the G17, talking hundreds of thousands of rounds, it is the best pistol for the price not metion your peace of mind.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Over the years, I've carried a variety of 9mm pistols (i.e., Browning HP, CZ 75B SA, Colt Commander, Beretta Cougar, Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact, Sig 220, Sig 239, Glock G19, and Glock G26).

My preferred EDC is currently a G26...because it is: compact, relitively lightweight, very shootable, and offers fantastic flexibility for capacity options through the use of 10, 15, 17, and 33 round magazines.

FWIW...I continue to be quite fond of the G19 and P239.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I watched a guy's sig slide come apart yesterday, literally break in two. My 15 yr old g19 with 1000's of rounds through it is still my best gun, with a glock, you will need to put it in your will:whistling:

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
It's been a while since I bought my last gun and I think I'm do for one. I want to get something in 9mm because I don't have any 9mm's yet.
Which one should I get and why?
The one that best fills your needs and desires.

What do you want to use it for? Carry? Range toy? HD? Truck gun? Competition?

Whats your budget?
BINGO!

What do you currently own? What do you like in a handgun and why? Do you prefer DAO, SA, DA/SA? Prefer an external hammer or striker? Do you have a thing for stainless or do you prefer all black? Do you like polymer frames? What 9mm handguns have you shot, did you love them, and why?

Give better info or get BS for answers...

·
Registered
223 Posts
+1 on what's it for? otherwise my standard answer for an awesome gun is a P99. Get the AS model though as stated above. The DAO models suck

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Ruger Blackhawk Convertible. When you are sick and tired of shooting 9mm, switch out the cylinder for .357 Mag/.38 Special.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts