Which 45 , Glock or Sig

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by HK-N-THE-HOUSE, Apr 1, 2012.

1. HK-N-THE-HOUSE

HK-N-THE-HOUSE Silver Member

Only can pick from these two , any model , any set up , which one and why ?

2. Motor City Glocker

Motor City Glocker Gun Addict

My latest purchase: a Gen4 Glock 21. Shoots and feels great. I finally have a hi-cap .45 that I like.

3. Hdoc

Hdoc

Just ordered P220 stainless two tone with SRT.
    Just because it's the best looking non-1911 I've seen and it shoots like a dream. Ordered a G19 gen 4 cause it's cheap
    and shoots well enough.

4. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Both are great, and I say that without hesitation, or reservation. That being said, owning both, I would also say, for the price of a Sig, I'd buy two police trade in G21's, with night sights, even though the sights will be probably faded. Then one of the two would have a chop job done, down to a G30 size, and a couple of G30 mags to go along with it.

The full sized would be my nightstand weapon, and the chopped would be my carry. That's what I'd do.

Not knocking the Sig, again, a fine weapon, but, so is the G21, and for the same money, would much prefer two G21's!

5. Meathead9

Meathead9

My GEN 4 G21 is the sweetest shooting 45 I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. It also fits my hand better than any of my other Glocks, and has the nicest Gock trigger I have ever pulled. I'm a "Glock only" guy, and Sig's never felt that great to me, so I'm biased.

6. 257 roberts

257 roberts

I have a 30 and I've owned a 21,I carried a 220 as a issued duty gun for 4-5 yrs
    it a coin toss,I never have/had an issue with any of them,that being said the Sig will be the most accurate and have the most resale value

7. barth

barth

They are both fine guns.
    But if you plan carrying it for self defense?
    I'd go with a G30 without hesitation.
    Much easier to conceal and carry.

[​IMG]

But for flat out shooting? My Sig P220 is one bad )(()(*&&&
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Of the two I like the P220 better; my favorite would be the stainless Elite with the SRT.

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Do you have a price range or budget you have to stay in? Are you looking for a compact .45 or Full size. Is this just an opinion thread and your not really buying one now? Have you shoot the G21, G21 SF, Gen 4 G21, G30, G30 SF, G36, Sig P250, Sig P250 compact, Sig P220, Sig P220 compact, any of Sigs 1911 guns? Do you know which one of these you are interested in? :wavey:

:50cal:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  10. bac1023

bac1023

I really only like Glocks in 9mm, so there's my answer.

11. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I love Glocks, but for .45 I have to go with the Sig 1911 Tacops just feels like it was made for my hand and shoots so smooth.

12. Glock+2

Glock+2

13. MikeG36

MikeG36 Have Gun Will Travel

I love my Sig and my Glock. Both were designed for similar use and both are outstanding performers. IMO it would be hard to go wrong with either. My only Glock in .45ACP is my 36. Aside from that, all my .45ACPs are 1911s.

The Sig trigger in DA mode is long but smooth so my shot placement is pretty good. In SA mode it is very crisp with very little if any take up and only a slight amount of over travel and groups are very tight.

[​IMG]

My G19 doesn't have a bad trigger but I have not been able to get the same level of accuracy that I can with my Sig. It's not bad, just not quite as good. I'm hoping with more trigger time to improve that.

[​IMG]

Then there's my 49 shot hole (50 - 1 flier just under the trigger guard) with my $500 wonder gun. I can't even come close with my G36.

[​IMG]

14. allegro

allegro

For me, this question is all about your desired platform for a handgun.

The two you compare shoot with completely different mechanisms. They obviously feel much different to hold, and the operational ergonomics are totally different.

For target-shooting and pleasure, I would probably go with the Sig, but for carry purposes I would choose the Glock.

Good luck, best part is that with these two you CANNOT go wrong.

15. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Good point, Sig would be better compared to HK, Glock to the M&P, XD/XDM lines but if he's choosing between a Glock and Sig then.................

:50cal:

16. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

My favorite non 1911 .45 of all time is my sig 220r elite dark carry. The grip is alittle on the long side for carry, but it is such a sweet shooter. If were to commit to carrying a .45 at all times, I would purchase a g30 as well...

17. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

Since I recently got both a Sig P220 AND a LEO-trade-in G21, I think it boils down to do you want a hammer and safety or a striker?

Hickok45 made a point about Sigs which I find hard to dispute. He agrees they are top-notch weapons... but.... are they worth the premium one pays for a Sig over a Glock? Both give comparable performance. Glock holds more and is lighter. Mags for the P220 are currently unavailable...or at least I can't find any.

Emotionally, I love the Sig. It is a beautiful weapon and very easy to shoot. Practically...it was twice what the Glock was (and both bought used) ...is it twice the weapon? Don't know. In theory, or in legend, Sigs are 10,000 or more round weapons. What are the Glocks rated for? Don't know.

Both go bang. Both make holes where pointed. The rest is personal preference.

18. ChrisYZFR1

ChrisYZFR1

I love both but the 220 with the SRT and hogue grips is hard to beat. I do lve my 21 and 30 though

19. austinmc

austinmc

I had a P220 for 12 years. And I have had a Gen3 G21 and a Gen4 G21. Glock does not match in fit and finish and does not try too. But hands down I would take the Glock 21 Gen4.

20. kj4963

kj4963

Um this isn't sig talk, so i would have to go with the Glock.