Which 22LR is the dirtiest?

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by MoondogNYC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. DAW9347

DAW9347 Patron Life NRA Member

That's an extremely interesting revolver you compete with. It's not very hard at all to see what true competitors, like yourself, will embibe for themselves with what they need to be in the run with others during serious events.
    While I don't do much serious competition with others these days, I did find in the past that competition with my tuned and smoothed Ruger Mark pistols won quite a many of the $$$ shoots in competition. Now, these days, I only give a rip about striving with making Ruger Mark pistols work to their best, or beyond, and how they are expected to perform. I've not seen any "KITS" that will suffice in that quest, but only reap rewards to the manufacturers involved.

ede likes this.
  2. DrewBone

DrewBone

Back on topic. Have you had the opportunity to test any of the .22LR ammo you mentioned above? Most shops in my demographic have been offering a somewhat steady supply of .22LR ammo from Aguila, Federal, and CCI Blazer, and hopefully prices will start to come down as their supply once again exceeds demand.

3. DAW9347

I have, you need to run out and get some:
    [​IMG]
    Or, send me your mailing address and I'll send you some. :cheers:

4. Gaston_Convert

Gaston_Convert

In my experience, .22 is dirty. It's just the way it is, like 5.56 / .223, they just run dirty. My concern is with accuracy and some of the cheaper .22LR is only good for plinking. I tried sighting in a 10/22 during the last .22LR shortage and the pawn shop stuff I was able to find was all over the place. Found a box of American Eagle and it was pretty good, though a bit inconsistent in that some rounds were "hotter" than others. (They were louder, but were right on target.) Keep your weapon clean and you'll both be happier.

DAW9347 likes this.
  5. DAW9347

Great advice! I have some of the Federal American Eagle .22 rimfire. Can't quite understand why they went with 40 round boxes. Kinda like buying a BIG bag of potato chips that's half full. :freak:

Gaston_Convert likes this.