close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where your federal tax money goes

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by durf, Feb 9, 2010.

1. durf

durf

USA TODAY: Enter your salary and see how tax rates and spending priorities have changed over time. This tax calculator will give you a rough idea of your federal tax bill — and where your tax money went — from 1940 through 2010.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/tax-rates-spending.htm

Hmmm interesting

2. durf

durf

"Tax rates and federal spending priorities have fluctuated quite a bit over the years. This interactive graphic makes it easy to chart both. Simply enter a salary and see how much goes to federal taxes and how that money gets spent. Then, look back in time to see how that income compares with the past when adjusted for inflation, and what the tax rates and spending priorities used to be."

3. pugman

pugman

I've corrected what this should say.

As I look into the financial future of the U.S. legalized Mafia (i.e. the Fed) tinfoil hat aside, I seriously think the default of the U.S government very well could be the start of a revolution or WW III. Considering when you look at taxes and fees governments absorb about 1/6 of your gross pay-in their mind-they have plenty more to take.

4. buckhunter3987

buckhunter3987

First notice how inflation is nearly vertical...

$50K today is equivalent to $3200 in 1940 :wow:

Next look at the orange part of the federal spending "other" this is huge, what is it though? Maybe its all those little earmarks and pet projects of our wise politicians. (ETA: I guess the bailouts are included in this due to the spike in 2009)

Then notice the red part "Net intrest" this is what we pay each year on our debt...

:steamed::steamed: