close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to stay at Hallsville ??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by G7, Sep 15, 2003.

1. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

I've never been to Hallsville, so I was wondering what hotel everyone will be staying in.

shooter2 - are you still going ?;d ?

Will there be a Friday night dinner ??? What is available ??

I will be shooting Am/Civ and Competition, BTW.

2. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Well, I'm staying in Columbia. I don't know what (or if) Hallsville has for lodging. Funny, I have gone to GSSF for 4 years now, and I never went to Hallsville. Just Columbia and the range.

3. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well guys I was there last year and stayed in Columbia....this was a mistake on my part...I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express which was ok but this was down town and eveything was congested to say the least...if I was going this year ...( I am not) I would stay in Kingdom City...this had all the amenities and was less than 20 miles from the range. The range at Hallsville is similar to Fort Waynes' ( G7..I beleive we met there)last year they were short R.O's...but after 11:00 there was few shooters on Saturday....wish I could go but I have to work Friday...this is a 10 hour trip one way alone and I will wait for the Lexington match...goodluck to all ;f

4. G21H30

G21H30

G7
    We have been attending the Hallsville match for (6) years. If you wish to stay in Columbia the Days Inn or the Best Western are both right off of I-70.There are also plenty of restaurants close to either motel. My wife and I prefer to stay at the Days Inn in Booneville, Mo 17 miles west of Columbia but we will be coming in from Kansas. Booneville is a much smaller town and less hectic and the rooms are about $15 a night cheaper. Green Valley Rifle and Pistol Club's range is also host to the NRA Action Pistol Championship as well as the home of Chapman Academy. John Skaggs and his people always make us feel welcome;a Hope you enjoy the match! My wife and I will be shooting Am/Civ , Compition, and Subcompact on Sunday.:cool:

5. shooter2

shooter2 Millennium Member

What up, G7? :cool:

My wife and I will be staying at the Motel 6 in Columbia. We usually stay at the Days Inn, but both it and the Super 8 were full when I went to book a room a couple weeks ago. Hope you find something, if you haven't already...

We'll be coming in Saturday evening and shooting on Sunday with a few of our friends from http://www.glocklist.com. Hope to see you there!

6. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Hey, shooter2, I also picked the Motel 6 in Columbia. The one just off I-70.
    I will be bringing a new shooter this year, and I hope Sunday morning will be a little slower like it was last year, to help reduce the stress.

See you there!

7. shooter2

G21:

If you see us at the match or at the motel, be sure to stop and introduce yourself. I'll be wearing my FR&I Instructor hat. :)

8. G21

G21 Millennium Member

Is anyone having a get together Friday or Saturday night? I would like to attend one, but I don't know the area very well, and we will be coming in Sat night.

I think the "meetings" usually happen Fri. nights.

Oh well, it'll be fun anyway.

9. G7

G7 Mostly Metric

Well, Mrs. G7 and I will be staying at the Days Inn in Kingdom City on Friday night, and shooting on Saturday.

shooter2 - dang, looks like we'll be there on different days. Maybe we'll bump into you at Lexington again.

FESTUS - Interesting about the RO situation. I'll bring my shirt - just in case they need me. ;)

Anybody know if Kingdom City has an Applebee's ;d ;d

10. shooter2

G7:

Out of luck, dude - according to applebees.com, the closest one is in Columbia.

;g