close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to shoot and practice in Ormond Beach, Flordia

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by morphius11, Oct 30, 2003.

1. morphius11

morphius11 Senior member

After years of never leaving my home state in the winter, I have finally decided to head south. I will staying just north of Daytona in Ormond Beach for the months of Feb. and March. Do any of you know of any places where GSSF matches are held during thoes months and where a user friendly gun range can be found that isn't to far away from the Daytona / Ormond Beach Area?

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

As far as GSSF Matches goes the closest one would be at Orlando on Feb. 14/15. The entire GSSF Schedule can be found at www.gssfonline.com. I can't help on the local shooting ranges since I live up in the Panhandle.

3. potatoho

potatoho

There are two ranges I know of very close to Ormond Beach. Strickland Park is an outdoor range just north of LPGA Blvd on Clyde Morris. It is $2.50 per visit, Wed-Sun, I think 10AM-2PM. An indoor range at Hot Shot (a.k.a. Easy Pawn) is on Nova in Holly Hill. It is $10 per visit, pistols only. Down in Mims (35 mi south of Daytona) there is a big outdoor range at Laughlin (sic?) Park.

4. NightWolfe

NightWolfe Grumpy Glocker

so of Ormond there is Titusville Rifle and Pistol Club .. they hold a great IDPA match 3rd Sunday of every month ..

5. U1121

U1121

I have used both ranges that potatoho mentioned, when my family has vacationed in the Daytona area. The parks department runs the outdoor range, IIRC. The people there were very friendly and the range was safely run. I visited the indoor range on Nova Road on a Sunday afternoon (it was raining that day) and had the range to myself for the time I had to shoot. A couple came in to shoot as I was leaving. I was surprised that the indoor range did not require me to buy my ammo from them. I shot my Win white box, and had a great time. Friendly folks there as well. Makes me look forward to a return visit! :)

U1121