close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to hunt in Tennessee ?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Lance Boils, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Lance Boils

Lance Boils

I am not a native to SouthWest Tennessee and it has been several years since I hunted here. The last time I did, it was on Westvaco Paper company property. Now I find out that has been sold to Champion or another paper company.

Does anyone know which company owns all the once Westvaco land, where to get permits to hunt on it, and how I can find out where National Forest property is?

Thanks in advance.

2. johnboy

johnboy Millennium Member

Get the hunting and trapping guide from TWRA it is available at most places where licenses are sold. It should have a map of all available WMA's and the contact information on the timber companies lands such as Champion and Westveco. As far as the National Forest goes I think that the Cherokee National Forest located in E.TN is the only National Forest in Tennessee.

3. Navy Whale

Navy Whale Irritant

4. g21glock

g21glock Millennium Member

Its hard to find good land unless you know someone with land. I have a Wma just up the road, but it gets to crowded for me. I go to ALabama, A good friends father in law, has a lot of land in different areas of the mountain and another has land down off the mountain. But I prefer the private land, so thats where i go.

Safe shooting

5. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

Hey guys--a little off the subject, but has anyone ever been to benton shooters supply in benton tenn? It is the best gunshop i have ever been to!!

6. g21glock

g21glock Millennium Member

Yes, Benton Shooters Supply is a shooter and hunters dream to walk through. It is huge since they did that remodel a few years ago.
    They have alot of stuff there for us outdoorsmen. The ffl I use is about 10 or 15 minutes from there. Bentons prices arent bad, but the ffl I have been using for several years will sell me anything I want to buy for 15 or 20 bucks over his cost and that can save quit a bit of money,and you just dont get those kind of breaks from the large retailers.
    I have bought other hunting supplies and equiptment from Benton, but get all my firearms from my ffl that works out of his house.

Safe shooting

7. shrpshtr

shrpshtr

i will be in Tenn during the week of christmas. is there a chance deer season is still in during that time frame? i sure would love to test out my new bow that Santa is gonna bring me...hopefully, bring me. lol.