close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to Go When You Don't Know Where To Go

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by SteadyGlock, Jan 12, 2010.

1. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Hi Admin Team,

Recently I posted a question about suppressors in the General Glocking forum. I had read Eric's post about not posting threads that were off topic, but I had searched the site as best I knew how and didn't find anything related to suppressors. (My apologies to Eric for his understandable frustration.) I certainly understand the need to keep threads in their appropriate forum segments, but where do I post a thread when I don't know where to post a thread? To be clear, this is a sincere and respectful question. I'm more than willing to play by the rules, just need a little clarity on this point. Thanks in advance for your time (and thanks for all you do.)

Best,

Steady

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Hello,

Thanks for making an effort to keep stuff where it "belongs"; it IS appreciated.

I don't know if you have ever used this Glock Talk page, but if you go to it:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php

you'll see the title for each forum, along with a brief description of most of them, which can give you some guidance on what does and doesn't belong there. You can also get to that page by using the Forum Jump drop-down menu near the bottom of each GT page, and selecting "Forums Home." About halfway down the Forums Home page, there is a forum called the Free Fire Zone, and the description says "This forum is dedicated to the discussion of automatic weapons, and other class III devices. Please keep all conversations here legal and civil." That is probably the best spot for suppressor stuff. If your can is intended for use on an AR-style rifle, then the Black Rifle Forum might be another likely spot.

There is a lot of gray in certain subjects, and the Mods try to take this into account, but some folks deliberately post in the busier/busiest forums just because of the high traffic, whether or not the subject is appropriate; this is one of the things we are trying to discourage.

Hope this was helpful.

3. SteadyGlock

SteadyGlock

Hi DJ,

Thanks so much for the info. I'm eager to improve my GT-ness, and I certainly don't want to ever cause you guys any additional headaches. In fact, when I can I try to divert "newbies" (I certainly still am one) to resources / "best practices" that I've learned in my early months here at GT. Anyway, thanks so much for all you do. I probably would have set my house on fire by now if it weren't for GT! :wavey:

Best Regards,

Steady