close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to find these bad boys in Texas

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by bunch_G17, Feb 2, 2006.

1. bunch_G17

bunch_G17

I want to shoot some of these beast but live in the city. Does anyone hunt for prairie dogs in texas? What is good gun to use?

[​IMG]

2. bunch_G17

bunch_G17

3. noway

noway

When I lived in Abilene I whent out on a few hunts. Never got a chance to kill one tho . Very hard and quick and they didn't provide that much of a target ;)

4. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Noway - Anywhere around Abilene is what I was going to say too. A customer of mine was looking into buying a closed textile manufaturing building that shared a space with a US Postal service warehouse just on the outskirts of town. I went out there with him to do an audit of the building a couple of years back. The facility (about 100 acres or so) had a 6ft chain link fence all around it with only the main gate at the hwy for an entrance. There will literaly thousands and thousands of PDs on this site. With the fence, there was a complete lack of predation and man did it ever show. The fields looked like a luna scape merged with that "whack a mole" game at Chuck-e-Cheese's.

I would have loved to have been on the roof top with an scoped AR for a couple of hours. I may have mentioned it to my customer when we were driving the property. They just gave me a weird look for my enthusiasm. I would have made the trip for free if they'd have just put a rifle in my hands and left me there till diner.
    ;f

Bunch-G17, scoped AR-15 would be my best recommendation/choice for a PD gun. High capacity mags, accurate as hell and fun as can be.

5. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

in front of em when they swarm, podnuh.

a gnawed skeleton with boots and a glock is all would be left.. ;P

6. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Someone should toss a few stray cats over the fence.

7. noway

noway

{Noway - Anywhere around Abilene is what I was going to say too. A customer of mine was looking into buying a closed textile manufaturing building that shared a space with a US Postal service warehouse just on the outskirts of town. I went out there with him to do an audit of the building a couple of years back. }

Back in the 80s these areas where crowded with them. Next to the jackrabbit you could easy find anywhere between 100-300 in one day. No lie!

I hunted these form Abilene all the way south to San Angelo. My luck wasn't very good ;)