Where to find 10mm Glocks? (OC)

Discussion in 'California Glockers' started by Glock_XXI, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Glock_XXI

Glock_XXI

Hi guys I have been wanting to check out the Glock 29 for awhile now, but I cannot seem to find one anywhere.
    I have been to Turners (Fountain Valley), The Grant Boys (Costa Mesa), and Stockade (Westminster).

When I ask if they carry the 10mm Glocks, most of them say they have seen very few of them and don't have any in stock.

I have checked the Cal. DOJ website and they are legal here.

Anybody know of a place, that has one I could see?

Thanks

2. JTB

JTB always learning

They are not a real popular gun. The guys I deal with do not stock them but will order them. You may have to see if a range has any as rentals.

3. Wulfenite

Wulfenite The King

You'll probably have to have your dealer order it through their distributor. 10mms dont move as fast as other models so the Dealers tend to put their capital into stock that's more likely to move soonest.

Don't be surprised if you have to wait a little. My understanding about Glocks manufacturing practices were that they make a whole bunch of one model, then make a whole bunch of the next model, etc etc working their way through each of the 20 or so models. Depending on how well they forecast the demand for a particular model their supplies of that model may last till the next time they do a run, or they may not. If by chance its been a while since they've run 29's, Glock's stock may be extinguished, and the distributor pipeline may be empty. That's how it was when I got mine, fortunately my Dealer did the leg work to find one of the straglers. Or you might find that have just made thousands of them last week and they're tripping over 29's all over town. Just don't be surprised if you're out of luck for a while.

4. 10mmAuto

10mmAuto

Turner's will order anything you want. Just order one.

Are you in Law Enforcement, security or active military??? If so, "ProForce Law Enforcement" in Brea will sell you a Glock 29.

http://proforceonline.com

5. locutus

locutus 3/319th AFAR

+1 for Turners and Pro Force.
    Turners in Chino had a 29 plus a couple more in stock.
    Hope you can find one its a great gun :supergrin:

6. Glock_XXI

Glock_XXI

Thank you guys for your help. I am going to make a little drive up to Chino to see the G29...

7. glock34 ///M5

glock34 ///M5

Hope this isn't too late, but I was just checking out a G29 yesterday at On Target in Laguna Niguel.

If you're not familiar with it, it's right off the I-5 exit Avery Parkway.

8. cdurand

cdurand NRA Member

If you just want to see one check out a G21 and/or a G30. Same size.

9. camoram

camoram

This is what my buddy Joey told me, He has ordered a G29. He is also a GT CA member,

"Went into 2nd amendment sports today after work thinking my gun would be in (been 2 weeks since I ordered) and they could start the background check but instead they tell me it won't be in for another WEEK! So I'm still waiting to wait "

He is still waiting for his :sad:

10. JoeG29

JoeG29 10mm Junkie

Yep still waiting :sad: Hopefully it will be in this Monday then I can wait some more. They did have one for their range though. :thumbsup:

11. klmmicro

klmmicro

I am not sure why the wait. I bought my G20 through Iron Sights Shooting in Oceanside a few years ago and it was at the shop in 2 days. Several people have purchased them from there as well with the same result. Also, Turners here in San Marcos has one in the display case for sale as of yesterday.

Any reason given for the 2 plus week delay?

12. JoeG29

JoeG29 10mm Junkie

No excuse other then they didn't have one nor did any of their regular dealers. I went to three different shops and they all said the same thing. 2nd ammendment sports was the only one that even called back saying they found one, so I went with them. Any way it came in today! :banana: Had it in my hands today... didn't want to give it back :sad:

13. klmmicro

klmmicro

Well, the main thing is that you have one now! They are a lot of fun to shoot. The big frame soaks up the recoil of the light and heavy loads alike.

Welcome to the family :)

14. JoeG29

JoeG29 10mm Junkie

Thanks!