close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where to buy land to hunt?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by Bruz, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Bruz

Bruz

I have an investment piece of property in escrow, and need to find a replacement property for when it closes. Having no friends with property, and after seeing how much it costs to hunt on someone elses property, I thought I could kill two birds (or bucks) with one stone. Appreciate you all helping out on telling me where the best State (exact area would be great also) would be. Who knows, you all may soon have a "friend" with land to hunt on.

Here are as many parameters as I can think of...I live on the central coast of California and since I will not, at least initially, live on the property the closer the better. Since I will probably have to fly anyway this may not be important though. Would like as much land as possible, or abut public land. Love to be in the mountains where it snows sometimes and be on a river, lake, or ocean. Just about any large game would be fine, but it would be nice to have something that could be hunted year round also. Low priced land would be a plus, and would like to have at least one cabin or more that I could rent. Would not mind being way out in the boonies, but would like to be able to access it without hiking in. Any help on local laws would be great also. Like to be in an area that does not have so many laws like where I'am at now! Hope that's enough info...winner gets a free hunt or two! ;)

2. Hank Bodmer

Hank Bodmer

Suggest N Dakota. Cheap land, no crime, VERY few gun laws, excellent hunting, some snow, just enough cold to keep out the riffraff, you would LOVE it.

I can fix you up with a very nice wheat ranch with its own air strip, you can take a very big tax deduction EVERY year and live happily ever after. Send me a pm and be prepared to live the good life.:)

3. Bruz

Bruz

Wow, I am sold! E-mail sent, thanks.

4. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Friend of mine has 400 acres for sale here in S. GA. Lots of BIG bucks and wild turkeys. Selling price would be in the $1800 per acre range.

5. Bruz

Bruz

Sorry Walter, a little rich for my blood...I should of listed my range. If no income looking at $200,000 - $300,000. With income what ever pencils out. Thanks!

6. Alpine

Alpine

7. Edge

Edge Millennium Member

I know of some acreage in South Central Illinois. Loaded with Whitetail deer (some real nice ones). Price in the $1,200 per acre range.