Glock 17 Where to buy iron sights for G17 (dont want night sights)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Fooboy, Apr 12, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Fooboy

Fooboy

Hey guys,

Recently got a G17 and I would like to replace with polymer sights with some metal sights that are not-illuminated ... however I would take a fiberopic front sight if the price is right ... I digress.

Anyways - does glock sell OEM metal sight replacements?

How do you mount them? Anyone in the Charlotte area help me out?

Thanks!

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Ameriglo, Heinie, WTS and others all have black metal sights also with a FO front option.

4. gary newport

gary newport

Glock offers steel rear sights in all four standard heights. Glock also offers a steel front, but this requires crimping. On the other hand, Trijicon makes (and GlockParts sells) a steel non-night front which looks just like the plastic front, except it has a bigger and more visible white dot, which attaches with an aftermarket-standard screw.

Another option: HiViz makes an overmolded fiber-optic front that matches the stock front height, which means it can be used with Glock steel rears or any aftermarket rear which matches stock height. The clear overmolding MAY make this sight a bit more robust than F-O fronts with exposed rods.

I'm experimenting with a factory steel rear and HiViz overmolded front on one of my G37s. The HiViz is skinnier than the stock front, so you get "light bars" in high-contrast situations.

5. shackiejake

shackiejake

I just did a slick sit up on my mod 34. So far it working! I was going to post some pics once I shot it during an IDPA match and then I was going to say for sure good or bad. I installed a Novack Ghost Rear sight with a XS standard dot up front. It's fast and I can get good head shots at 20 yards. I cost me around $70 for both delivered to my door. I also would highly recomond a Hennie/Dawson combo!! I with you I have never seen the big advantage to nitesights. I perfer standard FO or the big dot with a light for work at night. Good luck!

6. shackiejake

shackiejake

There is a great IDPA match in Clinton, NC. It would be about a 2hour drive, it is small and informal. You can really get some first hand experince with different sights. The world always needs more pro-gun, well trained, defense minded shooters.