GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Why not just build your own? I have several that run like a champ, use Glock mags and are alot of fun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I would rather see it in 10mm .
I am mostly interested in a 9mm PCC because I could shoot one at the ranges with steel plates at the gun club I belong too. It looks like a lot of fun. Rifle calibers and magnums are not allowed since they crater the plates and are hard on the plate racks in general. It may not say magnum but out of a long barrel a 10mm definitely is one. There is nothing I could do with a 10mm PCC I could not do just as well or better with a rifle caliber AR

I also have a lot of 9mm that was a lot cheaper than 10mm when I bought it. Used to reload but found it a tedious chore that sucked the fun out of shooting.

I was in the process of figuring out which PCC to buy when COVID hit and made guns hard to find and/or expensive. My big problem with existing PCCs is reliability. It seems like most of the YouTube videos I watched on the Ruger PCC and others had a stovepipe or some other failure during the video. Not enough to make them totally unacceptable as a range toy but enough to make them a questionable choice for home defense. I have other options for that but would always like to have another choice. Instead of statements like "I put a lot of rounds through this striker gun no failures" you hear during striker fired pistol reviews many of the PCC reviews reliability comments where along the lines of "I only had a couple of failures in this range session". It is hard to make a blowback PCC as reliable as pistol or centerfire rifle. The G44 proved that Glock does not have a magic wand they wave over their guns to make them ultra reliable. I would expect a Glock PCC to have the same sort of reliability as other PCCs, good but not as reliable as their 9mm pistols.

·
Formerly TFLWYO
1,302 Posts
A pistol caliber carbine has to be one of the most useless, un-needed firearms ever to come into existence, besides the 43X, 48 and 44. ........ I mean people that think they are all uber tactical!" If you are going to have a carbine, a person should get one that will do something, like an AR platform.
Well, for one, I get to shoot a PCC at my indoor pistol range and in PCC competitions, unlike a .223 carbine. Second, my Ruger PCC shoots a standard pressure 9mm Speer 124 grain Gold Dot 157 fps faster than the same round out of my Sig P365 XL, for an extra 108 ft lbs of energy.

Just because something does not make sense to you does not mean that it does not make sense.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
I have the MPX and a Colt. Unless it was something REALLY different, I don’t see a need to buy a Glock PCC just because it’s Glock.
KeltTec, Ruger, AR patterns and Tavors using Glock mags still aren’t Glock and a pistol in a brace is still just a pistol, not a carbine. So, until Glock brings the little hidden Austrian gem to production those wanting a PCC will have to look elsewhere.

·
G43 Fanboy
1,649 Posts
If Glock ever releases one for under $1,000, I will buy it - not because I need it but because I think it will be fun to shoot. (It may have some use for home defense.) However, that will all depend on the availability and price of 9mm ammo. Right now factory 9mm FMJ ammo is too expensive to shoot for fun...

·
NRA Life Member
64,170 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that Glock should design and produce a 9mm carbine, or rifle? Given their legendary simplicity, reliability, and ergonomic, single basic-platform pistol design, a long gun using the same 'upper' design would've hit the shelves long ago. I always thought this was way overdue and that a lightweight carbine that uses standard Glock mech and mags would've been a 'natural progression' by now --- But Nooooooo!
I'd be the first to purchase one. I'd wager they would be flying off the shelves even faster than all the AR15's did in this current market.
Would you buy one if the price was in line with their pistolas? For the sake of debate, let's say in $1200 ballpark?
If you think Glock should do that, you aren't thinking very hard. Why would the most successful company in the gun business make the terrible mistake of jumping into a saturated carbine market? I have a 9mm AR that uses Glock 17 magazines sitting beside me right now. What does Glock gain by making a carbine?

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,481 Posts
Glock makes GLOCK pistols (and knives and shovels), not long guns, they're not like Ruger who makes just about everything.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Glock makes GLOCK pistols (and knives and shovels), not long guns, they're not like Ruger who makes just about everything.
And curtain rods... there were 16 patents before the Glock 17.
Your comment about Ruger tracks with my earlier comparison between Bill Ruger and Gaston Glock. When Gaston reaches final round count, Glock will change.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Would be sweet.

However, until they do, I’ll use my Ruger PC and PC Charger happily. Both set to take Glock mags.

Best of both worlds for me.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Would be sweet.

However, until they do, I’ll use my Ruger PC and PC Charger happily. Both set to take Glock mags.

Best of both worlds for me.
What’s funny to me is that if you took a survey, most folks using the Ruger probably use Glock mags. I’d bet my bottom dollar that WHEN Glock brings one out it won’t use anyone else’s mags unless some aftermarket support makes an adapter. If Glock made red dots, they’d probably provide their MOS with that cut only.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
What’s funny to me is that if you took a survey, most folks using the Ruger probably use Glock mags. I’d bet my bottom dollar that WHEN Glock brings one out it won’t use anyone else’s mags unless some aftermarket support makes an adapter. If Glock made red dots, they’d probably provide their MOS with that cut only.
Probably so, and zero issues with it for me. Ruger probably catering to the Glock market. It was a HUGE selling point for me. For others, maybe not. However, using my Glock mags makes it perfect.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
Probably so, and zero issues with it for me. Ruger probably catering to the Glock market. It was a HUGE selling point for me. For others, maybe not. However, using my Glock mags makes it perfect.
It makes sense, I’m not faulting Ruger. If they made other adapters I bet they’d be purchased too.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I heard the ATF recently announced a very "cryptic" ban on those frames, but there seems to be zero consensus as to what is / or is not legal... By-design, no doubt.

·
Native Mainiac
20,475 Posts
I like my PCCs a lot. Have an Oly Arms in .45ACP, a HK USC and the Ruger....all of them a lot of fun to shoot, and all the more fun with the suppressors.

Yeah, I guess a full blown battle rifle in 7.62 NATO may be more effective during an end of the world Zombie invasion, but the pistol rounds out of the carbines seem to do a good job on the soda bottles, apples and other fruit and produce that has gone by.

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,172 Posts
I waited over 20 years for Glock to issue a single stack slim 9mm, so IMO, if they should come out with a 9mm Carbine, they would sell out and would not be able to keep up with the demand! I think they could do it for apx $500 but I'm sure they have their reasons why they have not done this! I would buy one in a heartbeat!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts