GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
27,826 Posts
Where is my Glock 9MM Carbine?
It's in the Glock catalog right next to the Glock 5.56/.223 carbine. :)

I was told by an armorer instructor in a Glock class back in '04 that it was just around the corner, and they were going to release the 5.56 carbine in the very near future, as they were doing the finishing touches on it ... AND, it was going to use existing AR mags). Who can hold their breath that long? :p

Want to see a Glock 9mm carbine? Just get the LE agencies spending your tax dollars at the local, state or federal levels to place orders with Glock for a 9mm carbine. (Don't hold your breath. ;) )

Reactions: Glock&Spiel

·
"Old Bill"
2,594 Posts
Oh it is already made and probably sitting in Atlanta right now. They didn't build a 100yard range in Smyrna just to test pistols.

Reactions: Glock&Spiel

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that Glock should design and produce a 9mm carbine, or rifle? Given their legendary simplicity, reliability, and ergonomic, single basic-platform pistol design, a long gun using the same 'upper' design would've hit the shelves long ago. I always thought this was way overdue and that a lightweight carbine that uses standard Glock mech and mags would've been a 'natural progression' by now --- But Nooooooo!
I'd be the first to purchase one. I'd wager they would be flying off the shelves even faster than all the AR15's did in this current market.
Would you buy one if the price was in line with their pistolas? For the sake of debate, let's say in $1200 ballpark?
They already have them and have been out for years. My AR pistol tales Glock mags has a 5.5 inch barrel and can make head shot at 85 yards relatively easily. It ran $650.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
MacGyver
7,201 Posts
They already have them and have been out for years. My AR pistol tales Glock mags has a 5.5 inch barrel and can make head shot at 85 yards relatively easily. It ran $650.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
I can do that with my long slide Glock pistol too, relatively easily, why need a carbine?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Glock makes variations of ONE pistol. What makes folks think that Glock has the expertise to design a rifle? Do they have the infrastructure to produce one? They would have to hire expertise (or buy someone’s design) and expand physical plant (or put their name on someone else’s product). I can’t see Glock entering a saturated pcc market.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
A pistol caliber carbine has to be one of the most useless, un-needed firearms ever to come into existence, besides the 43X, 48 and 44. "Hey, let's take these 9mm boolits, and other pistol cartridges, that can barely kill a raccoon and build an expensive, ugly looking carbine (Ruger, can you hear me?) around it and extract maximum $$$ from idio........ I mean people that think they are all uber tactical!" If you are going to have a carbine, a person should get one that will do something, like an AR platform.
Well....
Take a look at the old west. They survived indian attacks, bears, cougars...bad guys. And a lot of the time, the argument 38-40 vs. 44-40. Personally I think the 44-40 is better, but there is a argument for the 38-40. They didn't make a 45LC lever action rifle and most didn't carry a 45-70 or larger unless going for bear or Bison. So, they got by pretty good.

If you need to take a shot, it will probably be at 150 yards or less for WWII Europe, WWII Islands even less, civilians in the city probably less......

Now compare the 9mm to the 44-40. The 9mm wins across the board. So if you are feeling undergunned with a 9mm carbine....maybe it is you.

This being said, I am not a fan of long barreled 9mm/40S&W.... Short barreled/PDW guns are great. If deploying someplace, I would probably take a PDW (to be with me all the time) and a LONGER range gun.

Reactions: MedicineBow

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Actual conversation heard at Glock’s HQ

Engineering: “Should we announce the carbine?”

Sales: “We just Re-released Our Gen 1’s and people are buying them. We convinced everyone we have all these pistols when in fact we have one design we produce in Small, Medium and Large and different calibers. Our big announcement last year was a .22. We are good.”

Engineering: “So back in the vault.”

Sales: “Just put it next to the 40W phased plasma rifle and transporter. We will let you know when we need them.”

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
I don't know how many times I see this subject brought up.

To me, it's kind of like asking when Dodge is going to start making a Corvette. Even if they did, I wouldn't want one.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
I can do that with my long slide Glock pistol too, relatively easily, why need a carbine?
More points of contact, easier to add accessories, quicker to make hits, etc.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts
Reactions: ThatGuyYouKnow

·
Custom Title Goes Here
1,480 Posts
IMHO:

They are about ten years too late at this point. No way could they compete with what's out there now, the thing would be discontinued within 6 years. They'd have to start out with a ~$900 price tag, probably losing money at first, and only the 'fan-boys' would pay that when, as pointed out numerous times in this thread already, there are sub-$500 platforms already out there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good to know! Having held one at my LGS with the Glock adapter, the magazines seemed to have a bit more play in them than I expected... any thoughts on that?
They definitely have some play, but it has not affected reliability in my sample of one. I also pretty much stick to the Glock 17 mags or my favorite, the Magpul 21 rounders. I do have a couple of 33 round Glock mags that work great, they just are too long for my tastes. I keep those loaded up for my "Alamo" scenario.

On one hand I wish Ruger would have lengthened the mag well to reduce the wobble, but on the other I love being able to use my Glock 26 mags in the rifle. Being able to take any double stack Glock magazine that I own is a pretty big plus.

·
Private side
11,407 Posts
This has GOT to be a troll post, just like the mall ninja thing years ago on GlockTalk. Good for a few laughs but someone will still believe it.

A pistol caliber carbine has to be one of the most useless, un-needed firearms ever to come into existence, besides the 43X, 48 and 44. "Hey, let's take these 9mm boolits, and other pistol cartridges, that can barely kill a raccoon and build an expensive, ugly looking carbine (Ruger, can you hear me?) around it and extract maximum $$$ from idio........ I mean people that think they are all uber tactical!" If you are going to have a carbine, a person should get one that will do something, like an AR platform.
PCC are fun to shoot but if a similar size gun. In a rifle caliber is available, take the rifle. Is a 16” barrel 9mm slinging a bullet faster than a pistol? Is that an advantage in bullet performance? If so, a PCC is better than a pistol.

I recently completed a recertification class that involved extensive ballistic testing. I wanted to believe .45ACP would be the best but 9mm outperformed it.

The 44 and 43x are accurate and reliable. The 43x carries better than my 26.

Troll post? Partially; I don’t know the exact specifics but I trust the person that told me about the existence of the prototype Glock PCC.
Should it become available, price would be the determining factor for me, not “usefulness”.

Reactions: RustyRyan

·
Registered
461 Posts
I've got a KelTec Sub2000 and love it. Thinking about buying the Ruger, but haven't yet. I want one to go with my G20SF in 10mm. That would be a hoot.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I bought an MCarbo Kel Tec sub-2000 for my wife. it's a Christmas Gift don't tell her. it uses Glock 17 mags.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Opinions and a-wholes, everyone has one.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts