GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
I think there's a decent chance they'll do it. Hell, how long were we saying we wanted a single stack 9mm, or a 22lr? Decades, and here we have both now. Then there's front slide serrations and RMR's and different sized back straps. Oh, and multiple different slide and frame colors. This doesn't sound that far fetched, and would make them a ton of money.

Polymer lower that's black or FDE that's very Gen 5 like with the grip and such. Glock pistol mag compatibility, and priced around $900.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I shot the Ruger PC9 Sunday using Glock magazines . It functioned flawlessly and was a blast to shoot . On this if they came out with one they would be 2 steps behind just like on the single stack . For a company that was so innovative when they introduced a polymer pistol they sure have been stuck in a rut and behind everyone else now in innovation .
Yep. Glock is basically a one-trick pony. It's a pretty good trick, but it is still only one trick.

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
Yet, here you are on a Glock forum

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Yes and I like my G21 a lot. My G17, not so much. The CZ 75b is far better. You don't have to be a brand fanatic, I like choices. Hellcat beats G43 too.

·
Private side
11,456 Posts
It exists... I promise... Just wait a bit longer.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Da Da
7,187 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that Glock should design and produce a 9mm carbine, or rifle? Given their legendary simplicity, reliability, and ergonomic, single basic-platform pistol design, a long gun using the same 'upper' design would've hit the shelves long ago. I always thought this was way overdue and that a lightweight carbine that uses standard Glock mech and mags would've been a 'natural progression' by now --- But Nooooooo!
I'd be the first to purchase one. I'd wager they would be flying off the shelves even faster than all the AR15's did in this current market.
Would you buy one if the price was in line with their pistolas? For the sake of debate, let's say in $1200 ballpark?
Build you own for $700. I did.

·
Private side
11,456 Posts
Why won’t folks accept the fact that Gaston has a lot in common with Bill Ruger and the “change” of venturing into the carbine market won’t happen til he’s gone like Ruger starting to innovate, innovate at Ruger level for what that’s worth, after the namesake passed?
Somewhere in Austria, not here because a leak would damage the image, there is a mostly polymer, modular, multi caliber carbine. The trigger assembly section will be the serialized part so you can change calibers and barrel lengths.
The two examples are black, of course, and Alpine blue (kinda grey). The guns are too fed, like the old British Bren but can be ordered with or without your favorite combination of RDO cut and accessory rails. It will accept Glock bayonets and has a collapsible stock similar to the KelTec PMR.
While the guns will eventually be offered in the standard caliber offerings, the initial offering is in a bottlenecked 7mm cartridge based on the old Tokarev round but using a polymer, nonreloadable case.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Put two glock carbines together for much less than $1200 total combined before Covid hit. Not interested in feeding the profiteering monster today.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don’t understand why so many people don’t understand it would be cool to have a Glock carbine, assuming it had the same reliability as the pistols. And it’d be like shooting fish in a barrel for the company. No other option has the name and legend behind it like Gaston -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
5,443 Posts
Why mess with perfection?
CAA has the Micro-Roni line of frames that allow you to turn your simple trusty Glock pistol into an SBR, or if you get a an extended barrel, it is a carbine-- that has not lost the essentials of the Glock.

https://www.yrsinc.com/product/roni...kit-with-igb-16-barrel-for-glock-17-19-22-23/
I considered one of these. However, I don't like that the outside pf the gun eventually gets covered in a big mess, from the carbon from the fired rounds. Depending on the kind of night sights you have, it could eventually mess up the painted rings around tritium...

·
Beretta 92 Nut!
5,443 Posts
Cx4... Beretta makes cheap 30 round mags.
They are damn near impossible to find right now. I managed to get one in the beginning of the summer. But, it wasn't easy. Beretta hadn't imported any in a while, until early this year... When the gun rush came up, the supply vanished.

I actually owned 2 of them previously... Kinda missed having one, so got one again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I don’t understand why so many people don’t understand it would be cool to have a Glock carbine, assuming it had the same reliability as the pistols. And it’d be like shooting fish in a barrel for the company. No other option has the name and legend behind it like Gaston
Kalashnikov (USA)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I imagine with everyone and their brother making AR based carbines a lot cheaper it just isn't worth Glock's time.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,040 Posts

I need to update the photo, but..... Glock and I made a carbine years ago. Glock 20/21 22LR, 9mm, 357Sig, 40S&W, 10mm, 45ACP/Super

·
Federal Member
29,351 Posts
I bought 2 Omega MP5 pistols. Full size and K.

Both are alot of fun with registered trigger packs!!

:cool:

·
Registered
920 Posts
Why won’t folks accept the fact that Gaston has a lot in common with Bill Ruger and the “change” of venturing into the carbine market won’t happen til he’s gone like Ruger starting to innovate, innovate at Ruger level for what that’s worth, after the namesake passed?
Somewhere in Austria, not here because a leak would damage the image, there is a mostly polymer, modular, multi caliber carbine. The trigger assembly section will be the serialized part so you can change calibers and barrel lengths.
The two examples are black, of course, and Alpine blue (kinda grey). The guns are too fed, like the old British Bren but can be ordered with or without your favorite combination of RDO cut and accessory rails. It will accept Glock bayonets and has a collapsible stock similar to the KelTec PMR.
While the guns will eventually be offered in the standard caliber offerings, the initial offering is in a bottlenecked 7mm cartridge based on the old Tokarev round but using a polymer, nonreloadable case.
This has GOT to be a troll post, just like the mall ninja thing years ago on GlockTalk. Good for a few laughs but someone will still believe it.

A pistol caliber carbine has to be one of the most useless, un-needed firearms ever to come into existence, besides the 43X, 48 and 44. "Hey, let's take these 9mm boolits, and other pistol cartridges, that can barely kill a raccoon and build an expensive, ugly looking carbine (Ruger, can you hear me?) around it and extract maximum $$$ from idio........ I mean people that think they are all uber tactical!" If you are going to have a carbine, a person should get one that will do something, like an AR platform.

Reactions: jamppp
21 - 40 of 81 Posts