GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I alone in thinking that Glock should design and produce a 9mm carbine, or rifle? Given their legendary simplicity, reliability, and ergonomic, single basic-platform pistol design, a long gun using the same 'upper' design would've hit the shelves long ago. I always thought this was way overdue and that a lightweight carbine that uses standard Glock mech and mags would've been a 'natural progression' by now --- But Nooooooo!
I'd be the first to purchase one. I'd wager they would be flying off the shelves even faster than all the AR15's did in this current market.
Would you buy one if the price was in line with their pistolas? For the sake of debate, let's say in $1200 ballpark?

Reactions: ScottR65

·
MacGyver
7,300 Posts
Reactions: Sharkey

·
Private side
11,456 Posts
It is sitting in a vault waiting on one thing... the death (or abdication) of Gaston Glock. As long as he’s in charge, the carbine won’t see the light of day or dark of night.

Rumor has it that it resembles the old Sterling sub gun except for barrel length and the stock folds to the right instead of under-folding. They dropped the angle of the stock a bit so it won’t interfere with ejection. Imagine the small folding stock on the Uzi.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is already here. It is called the Ruger PC9. I think Glock dropped the ball on this, but why branch out when you can sell all the pistols you can make? In the meanwhile, my Ruger eats everything I feed it, is very accurate, uses my Glock mags and everyone in the family loves to shoot it. So I guess I am good for now.

·
Premium Member
5,757 Posts
I'll stick with the Ruger. It works, it's accurate, it breaks down easy, and it uses Glock magazines. The G44 turned me off on "Perfection." IMG_3510.JPG

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I shot the Ruger PC9 Sunday using Glock magazines . It functioned flawlessly and was a blast to shoot . On this if they came out with one they would be 2 steps behind just like on the single stack . For a company that was so innovative when they introduced a polymer pistol they sure have been stuck in a rut and behind everyone else now in innovation .

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I am okay with Glock not jumping into the carbine world. Sub2ks, Rugers, AR, and Roni are all filling that void fine.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Cx4... Beretta makes cheap 30 round mags.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It is already here. It is called the Ruger PC9. I think Glock dropped the ball on this, but why branch out when you can sell all the pistols you can make? In the meanwhile, my Ruger eats everything I feed it, is very accurate, uses my Glock mags and everyone in the family loves to shoot it. So I guess I am good for now.
Good to know! Having held one at my LGS with the Glock adapter, the magazines seemed to have a bit more play in them than I expected... any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that Glock should design and produce a 9mm carbine, or rifle? Given their legendary simplicity, reliability, and ergonomic, single basic-platform pistol design, a long gun using the same 'upper' design would've hit the shelves long ago. I always thought this was way overdue and that a lightweight carbine that uses standard Glock mech and mags would've been a 'natural progression' by now --- But Nooooooo!
I'd be the first to purchase one. I'd wager they would be flying off the shelves even faster than all the AR15's did in this current market.
Would you buy one if the price was in line with their pistolas? For the sake of debate, let's say in $1200 ballpark?
Nope.

Not when you can get a Sub 2K or Ruger PCC with Glock mag compatibility for a third of that price.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts