Where is M2 Carbine?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by JCM298, Feb 8, 2005.

1. JCM298

JCM298

I haven't seen any chopper stories recently. I hope everything is OK,

John

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Hi John,
    Thanks for asking.:)
    I've just been trying to get through Dec and Jan. Bad time of the year for me.

I drop in The Flight Deck and look around once in a while.
    Mostly I've just been hanging out on "Non-Glock Firearms and
    General Non-Glocking" writing a little fluf to keep my mind busy.

I'll see if I can't get my mind in the air again.;f

3. JCM298

JCM298

Hope you make it OK. I always enjoyed reading your stories,

John

4. Helopilot

Helopilot

Hey M2,
    Want to come out of retirement? Air Log is paying $500/day for contract pilots to break the up coming strike (22days to go). The vote to reject the last company offer was 98% and the strike vote was 96% so I think the pilots are very serious about getting their back pay from the end of the old contract.
    $500/day would buy a nice ultralight in short order. I don't know if it is enough to work for "air dog" though.
    It's 12:30 and the fog is just now starting to thin here in Cameron. We may not have much of a window as it is supposed to roll back in this evening. I'm still flying the 407 for El Paso 52 but don't know how much longe it will last. Drop a line now and then. DJ Lamb, Mike Warren, and others say hi.

Dennis

5. Texas T

Texas T TX expatriate CLM

Jump down to the MOTO forum and see if you can get those two-wheeled juices flowing again... :)

And if so... come pay a visit... www.twtex.com

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Hey Dennis,
    It sounds like the Air Log pilots are serious. Good for them.
    No, I think I'll pass. I wouldn't mind buzzing around in a 407 or 206 for a couple hours but even I am not low enough to be a scab.;e

Besides, after getting out with my skin in one piece and never getting my feet wet, it would be my luck to hang a skid and be with Mike Frye while he laughed his ass off at me for the next thousand years.;f

Although, $500 a day isn't bad, even to drive that yellow fat lady. Any more fell from the sky lately?

Tell DJ and the guys I said Hi and I miss our BS sessions and you all be careful. I can't stand losing any more friends.

7. Helopilot

Helopilot

Hey M2,
    That was a bad year; Mike, Jim Barry, and Quon Le in a short period of time. Fortunately, we haven't had any fatalities since but some close calls. A 412 lost its tail rotor, gear box and all. It was somewhere close to inverted in the process of getting it down but they got it level and cushioned before the water, no injuries or further damage except for assorted underware failures. A couple of EMS accidents but I don't have the details.
    I know, you get used to flying when and where you want and not where the customer or company wants and you get spoiled.
    I could get used to that. I had to fly the 206 for BP last hitch and it sure was frustrating on the long runs after the 407's speed. It's a sports car no doubt about it but the fadec adds a level of complexity and maint. that takes some of the luster off of it. We had two offshore birds down for fadec problems and the weather kept the maint. folks from getting to them for two days. Customers were not happy.
    Just two more years 'til SS kicks in and I too can join the ranks of retired gentleman pilots(LOL). Keep the greasy side down.

Dennis

8. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

WOW, those pilots were good (and lucky).
    If you talk to them, tell them I said congratulations.

When Wally lost his whole 205 tail boom, out of Cameron, of course they never had a chance. Went in upside down.
    The weather was a little low and Wally and I were the only ones headed out at the time.
    Wally keyed his mike but didn't say anything.
    I could hear the passengers screaming in the background.

Wally wasn't even supposed to be working that day.:(