GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
I’m so sorry to hear that. I hope you don’t have kids to go through it with you.
We don't have children other than our cat and Great Dane puppy(had to euthanize our bullmastiff last week). Thank you for your concern.

We live in a small town about 60 miles west of Knoxville. Most of the people that live here are Trump supporters and are plenty vocal about it. I don't condone some of the things they say and do but I don't blame Trump for their behavior. For example I was in one of the gun shops I frequent a friend of the owner's son came in and was bragging about how he drove by the Biden supporters rallying across the street from the early voting location and yelled "F..k you" while flipping them the bird. Actions such as this do not help our cause any, as a matter of fact it makes us look ignorant and uneducated.

I appreciate Trump's accomplishments and I believe he does have the best of intentions for our country. I just wish people like the guy I mentioned above could act like they've been somewhere before and not behave in that way. It does not do our movement any favors.

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,446 Posts
The answer is simple: it's Demshevik lap dog media-induced mass psychosis.

It happened before in Nazi Germany when Goebbels propaganda media machine convinced most of the German people they are the superior race destined to rule the world and the inferior races like Jews or Gypsies must be exterminated.

It happened in Stalin's USSR and Mao's China where Party propaganda trumpeted in newspapers with the help of Party loyal journalists convinced people to inform on their relatives and friends, turning brother against brother and children against parents.

It happened in the 90's in Rwanda, where the Hutu controlled government used obedient journalists working in the State owned TV and radio stations to stir hatred against the Tutsi minority, resulting in a mass genocidal psychosis that drove the Hutu majority to murder 800,000 Tutsi.

If there is a trade we Americans should distrust and despise the most, it is journalism. Too many times those who are self proclaiming themselves the Fifth Estate and the impartial arbiters of the truth have let us down. Real journalists are rara avis. People who are practicing real journalism are the exception, not the majority. It's past time we should get used with this truth.

·
Previously achieved fame and glory as Burebista
5,446 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Hey guys and gals.

I’ve been kind of a political junkie since I watched my first presidential debate between Reagan and Carter in 1980. I got to cast my very first vote for Reagan in 1984.

Since then I’ve been an observer in all things political. Just so you know, I’m a conservative, always have been. I also will vote the 2nd time for Trump. This country is finished if he loses.

Anyway, me and a few buddies back home text every night and discuss the politics and other things in the news. They too believe as I do.
One topic that comes up often is the state of our political system. It’s vicious. Those on the left think nothing of destroying everything about a person simply because they wear a MAGA hat or have a sign in their yard.

One of the things that has really stumped me is where does the sheer vicious hatred for Donald Trump come from? I saw what things were like when Reagan was in office. They didn’t like him, but he was respected and it was mostly civil. There was nothing like what Trump has to deal with on a daily basis. This hatred is something our country has never had before. I would like to know where it comes from and why they hate him so much. I can’t find anything that he’s said or done to bring it about. It’s gotta be something else.

This man had a successful TV show for 15 years. He’s been in the NYC news and tabloids for 40 years. I think we can agree that people generally liked him or at least tolerated him. The minute he’s elected...the hate starts. Not your ordinary garden variety hatred, but the industrial strength hatred.
Those that hate Trump get up every day trying to find new ways to destroy him, his family, his businesses and his life. I just don’t understand how so many can hate a man that’s done almost nothing, so much. They actively look for ways to hurt him and his family. They hate his son, make fun of him endlessly. They hate Melania...passionately. Same goes for his family.
My buddies laugh at me when I say this, but I honestly believe that those that are his enemies will absolutely try to send him and any other members of his family to PRISON if they can manage it. As soon as he steps out of office, within a month he’ll be indicted and arrested just because he had the audacity to beat Hillary. That’s how much these creatures hate Donald Trump.

Do you all know why or where it comes from? Can you come up with any reasons for it? Ideas?
I know there were plenty of people that disliked Obama, but I never saw discussions where people on the right wished him and his family dead or a stint in prison.

I’d like to know a reason why they hate him so much.

Whats your thoughts?
Thanks.
Intentional negative media.

The media are controlled by whomever is in charge of the deep state. Trump is an outsider and is costing someone billions in lost “stealings.”

Hillary was chosen for 2016 but was upset by Trump winning.

Biden was already the decided candidate and as early as 2017 he accepted $10 million from China in preparation for a 2020 presidency.

We’re seeing history unfold.

I zero trust in the government.

I trust that Trump is doing his best to represent the people and he has a few good men but the rest of the government is a criminal organization with a license to tax us!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
In 2015/16, he betrayed the Clintons. He went from being their friend to being their enemy.

Not many people survive betraying the Clintons.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
According to my wife he is.........
Racist/promotes white supremecy/against immigration
Sexual predator
Crooked/illegal business dealings
Wants to disband ACA/take away affordable healthcare
Anti women's rights/abortion

I am sure there is more but I have been beaten over the head so much over the past year I have forgotten some of the talking points. It is ridiculous how wound up she gets everytime she reads an article or sees video of a speech from him. We have had disagreements before but Saturday she started in on it and ended with I won't respect you if you vote for him. I responded with "I am not having this conversation anymore, we are done" and basically told her I wanted a divorce. I told her that I am ok with her not agreeing with me but she becomes unhinged and I am not going to tolerate it anymore. We have talked it out, not sure if we are ou of the woods yet, we'll see.

I dated a liberal when G.W.B was president and she was pretty rabid with disapproval for him but that was nothing compared to the T.D.S I see and read about today.
That would be by difficulty in today’s society, to live with a liberal for the rest of my life.

·
Aw sheet main
1,551 Posts
nm

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
According to my wife he is.........
Racist/promotes white supremecy/against immigration
Sexual predator
Crooked/illegal business dealings
Wants to disband ACA/take away affordable healthcare
Anti women's rights/abortion

I am sure there is more but I have been beaten over the head so much over the past year I have forgotten some of the talking points. It is ridiculous how wound up she gets everytime she reads an article or sees video of a speech from him. We have had disagreements before but Saturday she started in on it and ended with I won't respect you if you vote for him. I responded with "I am not having this conversation anymore, we are done" and basically told her I wanted a divorce. I told her that I am ok with her not agreeing with me but she becomes unhinged and I am not going to tolerate it anymore. We have talked it out, not sure if we are ou of the woods yet, we'll see.

I dated a liberal when G.W.B was president and she was pretty rabid with disapproval for him but that was nothing compared to the T.D.S I see and read about today.
I really feel sorry for you, that certainly is not a marriage that is yoked together..........

Reactions: Cabel67

·
Anti-Federalist
17,686 Posts
Welcome to team politics. It has become part of our identity. Your team is good no matter how good or poorly they play and their team always sucks.

Just like sports.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
If you have some spare time, check out Frontline's America's Great Divide on Youtube. It has a leftist leaning to it (of course) but it's an interesting watch.

I think the left has had their way with little opposition since Roosevelt's day. Today, there are more people that are against the direction leftist ideology is taking us. They are not used to large, organized and effective opposition. The left is fighting for it's life.

I also think there is a certain amount of rage on the lefts side of the aisle because they thought they had the election in the bag in 2016. Losing when you were firmly convinced you were going to win produces rage like nothing else.

V.

·
Registered
514 Posts
In my simple opinion, people hate Trump because he does not act like a politician.

That's what got him elected, why I voted for him, and why I already voted for him again.

Personality and methods mean less to me than results. I see him as a modern day carney and a master of misdirection.

·
Registered
74,437 Posts
Hey guys and gals.

I’ve been kind of a political junkie since I watched my first presidential debate between Reagan and Carter in 1980. I got to cast my very first vote for Reagan in 1984.

Since then I’ve been an observer in all things political. Just so you know, I’m a conservative, always have been. I also will vote the 2nd time for Trump. This country is finished if he loses.

Anyway, me and a few buddies back home text every night and discuss the politics and other things in the news. They too believe as I do.
One topic that comes up often is the state of our political system. It’s vicious. Those on the left think nothing of destroying everything about a person simply because they wear a MAGA hat or have a sign in their yard.

One of the things that has really stumped me is where does the sheer vicious hatred for Donald Trump come from? I saw what things were like when Reagan was in office. They didn’t like him, but he was respected and it was mostly civil. There was nothing like what Trump has to deal with on a daily basis. This hatred is something our country has never had before. I would like to know where it comes from and why they hate him so much. I can’t find anything that he’s said or done to bring it about. It’s gotta be something else.

This man had a successful TV show for 15 years. He’s been in the NYC news and tabloids for 40 years. I think we can agree that people generally liked him or at least tolerated him. The minute he’s elected...the hate starts. Not your ordinary garden variety hatred, but the industrial strength hatred.
Those that hate Trump get up every day trying to find new ways to destroy him, his family, his businesses and his life. I just don’t understand how so many can hate a man that’s done almost nothing, so much. They actively look for ways to hurt him and his family. They hate his son, make fun of him endlessly. They hate Melania...passionately. Same goes for his family.
My buddies laugh at me when I say this, but I honestly believe that those that are his enemies will absolutely try to send him and any other members of his family to PRISON if they can manage it. As soon as he steps out of office, within a month he’ll be indicted and arrested just because he had the audacity to beat Hillary. That’s how much these creatures hate Donald Trump.

Do you all know why or where it comes from? Can you come up with any reasons for it? Ideas?
I know there were plenty of people that disliked Obama, but I never saw discussions where people on the right wished him and his family dead or a stint in prison.

Whats your thoughts?
Thanks.
He's an outsider and thus a real threat to their Marxist cultural revolution, which is a pseudo-religion to the Left. You are looking at a rage not unlike that of a religious war.

·
real dogs
1,940 Posts
The answer is simple: it's Demshevik lap dog media-induced mass psychosis.

It happened before in Nazi Germany when Goebbels propaganda media machine convinced most of the German people they are the superior race destined to rule the world and the inferior races like Jews or Gypsies must be exterminated.

It happened in Stalin's USSR and Mao's China where Party propaganda trumpeted in newspapers with the help of Party loyal journalists convinced people to inform on their relatives and friends, turning brother against brother and children against parents.

It happened in the 90's in Rwanda, where the Hutu controlled government used obedient journalists working in the State owned TV and radio stations to stir hatred against the Tutsi minority, resulting in a mass genocidal psychosis that drove the Hutu majority to murder 800,000 Tutsi.

If there is a trade we Americans should distrust and despise the most, it is journalism. Too many times those who are self proclaiming themselves the Fifth Estate and the impartial arbiters of the truth have let us down. Real journalists are rara avis. People who are practicing real journalism are the exception, not the majority. It's past time we should get used with this truth.
I think its difficult for a "real" journalist to appear/arise since the intrenched media will censor at the leastor more likely excoriate them with fabricated counter points. Entrenched may be the ketword for MSM and political machine/ non elected beaurocrats.

·
real dogs
1,940 Posts
He's an outsider and thus a real threat to their Marxist cultural revolution, which is a pseudo-religion to the Left. You are looking at a rage not unlike that of a religious war.
They do manifest the driven fanaticism of the Islamic extremists. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start beheading opponents.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Hey guys and gals.

Whats your thoughts?
Thanks.
The left has become an insane, religious cult, not a political party. This is not an exaggeration.

Their leaders have painted Trump as EVIL, not just a political opponent. Their dogma has made him the source of everything bad in the U.S. and much of the world.

Facts are irrelevant to them. Everything bad about Trump is to be believed in faith, and the truly devout, and therefore the best, most moral people, are those that denounce him the loudest.

Not his policies... although it’s ok if they attack them too... but they must denounce and deride him personally for being so evil. Thereby showing how good they are in comparison. How “stunning and brave” they are to stand up to evil and tyranny.

When a single man is responsible for most of the evil in the world, and every day people you respect and admire denounce him as evil and corrupt, how can you not hate him?

Watch some of the Campus Reform videos where they talk to college students and tell them an Obama or Biden policy was Trumps, and how the college students automatically denounce it. Then they hem and haw when told who the policy really belonged to.

It’s sad and ridiculous.

·
Registered
74,437 Posts
They do manifest the driven fanaticism of the Islamic extremists. Makes you wonder how long it will be before they start beheading opponents.
They are already shooting them to death and beating them in the streets.

21 - 40 of 133 Posts