Where does Kinky Friedman stand on RKBA issues?

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by JDM2126, Aug 22, 2005.

1. JDM2126

JDM2126

...because unless he's in the "anti" crowd, he may get my vote.

Foolish? Maybe, but nowhere near as foolish as casting another vote for the bunch who couldn't even get some semblance of school finance reform passed. The debate seemed to come down to what would replace the revenue lost if property tax reform was enacted-- either a tax on business (nay, say the Republicans) or a sales tax increase (nay, say the Democrats). And there the issue sits, unresolved, again. And there Texas sits at #47 out of 50 in the ranking of states on quality of education.

The list of "usual suspects" who may take a run at the Governor's job would bring a tear to a glass eye. The Texas Democratic Party is in such disarray that it is hard to name any real potential talent who might conduct an honest-to-goodness campaign. John Sharp is a good one who comes to mind, but he doesn't have state-wide name recognition. On the Republican side, we have Rick Perry, who hides from contentious issues like a vampire avoiding daybreak, and Granny Strayhorn, who, a few Novembers ago as the state comptroller, somehow missed seeing that a $4 billion dollar deficit was actually a $10 billion dollar deficit until after the election was over. A lot of Texans' lives were hurt by her inability to keep the state's checkbook balanced.

And then there's the Kinkster-- musician, comedian, author, and now, candidate for Governor. I'm intrigued for no other reason than he seems to be the polar opposite of the toadies who sell their votes to the lobbyists and continue to be re-elected. Can he pull a Jesse Ventura and win? Probably not, but if poses no threat to our (RKBA) side, then why not? I'm just fed up with the status quo in Austin!

2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Can't find any statements regarding his position.

3. JDM2126

JDM2126

Russ P-

This thread was meant for the Lone Star Glockers state club forum-- my goof. How do I get it moved there? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stuff happens late at night...

4. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Just ask a moderator or admin to move it...:)

5. nuparadigm

nuparadigm

FYI y'all: I semi-addressed this question in a short comment I made in the "Book Rack" forum: "Texas Hold 'Em" is the title of the thread.