Glock Talk banner

Where do you keep your weapon in the bedroom?

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Misty02 
#1 ·
I was thinking about this the other day. In my house there is 2 adults, no kids so I don't have to worry about it getting in the wrong hands. I don't have a nightstand with drawers. Right now I keep my Glock 22 in a holster and a Inova X5 flashlight in one of those plastic filing cabinets with 3 drawers in the closet. I wished it was a little bit easier to access. Were do you guys keep your weapons in the bedroom?

#8 ·
G-22 loaded w/ Rem. 180 gr. JHP w/ extra magazine on night stand w/ Maglight and cell phone. Sometimes substitute SA Mil-Spec .45 ACP 1911 loaded w/ Winchester 230 gr. JHP.

#9 ·
One thing you could do is buy an inexpensive fobus kydex holster (paddle or belt), and screw the holster to the underside of the bed frame... or any other accessible place. The wall on the inside of a closet also comes to mind.
This is similar to how I have mine. I have a Gould & Goodrich cheapo IWB holster with the belt clip. I put the gun in holster above the bed frame between the frame and the fabric on the bottom of the box spring. The clip just clips onto the metal angle iron frame. When you look under the bed you can't see the gun because it's tucked under so well.

#11 ·
No kiddos in my house, and anyone else that's in there knows not to mess with a weapon if they see it because it's loaded. So, in the bedroom it would be nightstand, dresser, under bed, and in closet. Then theres the other rooms:whistling:

#13 · (Edited)
***No Children, Just myself and my wife***

My Side of the Bed:
LMT AR-15
Springfield TRP 1911
1 Spare AR P-Mag
1 Spare 1911 Mag
1 Surefire G2 Flashlight
1 Cellphone

*The 1911, spare mags, flashlight, and cellphone are in the nightstand. The AR is next to the nightstand within arms reach.

My wife's side of the Bed:
Springfield XD Compact (9mm)
1 Spare Mag
1 Surefire G2 Flashlight
1 Cellphone

*All of her items are in her nightstand.

All other firearms are in the safe.
:wavey:

#15 ·
My 19 stays under the bed within's arm reach in a box.

My pump shotgun stays above the door. I put a modified gun rack above the door frame (which is right next to my side of the bed) and the gun sits in it.

The rest are in the closet. Locked and unloaded.

I used to keep a pistol behind the entertainment center in my living room and another rifle just inside the hall closet, both loaded. However, now I have a daughter, and those have been removed. The goal is to protect my own, not endanger them.

#16 ·
I have an antique pipe stand that was my wife's grandfather's that has a small cabinet with a pipe rack on the inside of the door. My keys with the home alarm remote hang in the pipe rack. My wallet, the G23 + Viridian X5L (light set for strobe, green laser set for slow pulse) and 2 extra mags are on the floor of the cabinet. Cell phone sits on top of the ash try holder next to the lamp that covers the ash tray hole.

Poke around garage sales and estate sales as you have time and keep an open mind. You may find something on the cheap that will work like this old pipe stand does for me.

Also think about arranging things so you have good cover right next to the bed. It took very little rearranging of furniture to achieve good cover while covering the areas I need to for the "2AM visitor" scenario.

#17 ·
Not having children in the house allows for greater flexibility. We have a 10 year old boy at home. He has been receiving training since before we brought a firearm in the house. Especially on what to do if he ever sees a firearm, we’ve tested his response when he didn’t know he was being tested, he’s done beautifully. Still, I don’t feel comfortable leaving the loaded firearm on the nightstand knowing he can walk in our room at any point. Our mattress is on a platform, thus no under-bed to hide anything. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The one compromise I was able to reach in having the firearm easily assessable while still out of sight was to keep it in the holster fanny-pack; it is placed under the pillow on the top end against the headboard. It is holstered and the zipper is closed. Not the fastest access but I don’t have to get out of bed to get it either. I would have to undo the zipper and unholster if I needed to use it, I believe those two things would prevent unconsciously pulling the trigger or having it caught on something during the night. No one other than my husband (well, now you guys) knows where the firearm is kept during the night and it’s not visible or immediately accessible should my grandson enter our room during the night.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
.<o:p></o:p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.