GlockTalk Forum banner

Where do you get your breakfast from?

• I make my own mostly.

Votes: 62 77.5%
  • I buy it from a chain like DD, Starbucks, McDonalds Etc.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I get it at a diner

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Like my women, kinda hot, kinda gross, and picked up at a gas station.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don't eat breakfast

Votes: 13 16.3%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who buys their morning coffee and breakfast?

When I was a young buck I'd spend $8 on breakfast every day from a deli. At some point I figured out that adds up and made my own.

Now I don't so much care about the money as the wait. Near me every morning the Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds backs up to the road. I mean it must be a 10+minute wait at least to get coffee and breakfast from those places. It blows my mind people get all ready to go, leave the house, and then wait in line forever for coffee.

I make my own coffee, and it honestly takes me about 1 minute in total work to make a cup of coffee as I do other things. I like to grab a bite, take my coffee to go, and go out and start my day immediately. I also dislike waiting in lines.

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Director of civil unrest
9,237 Posts
I've found over the years that the reason I don't like most restaurant/truck stop/cafeteria coffee is because it doesn't taste like the coffee I make. That being said, it's why I make my own coffee every morning. I drink two or three cups before work and that is all. I do not take coffee to work and drink it all day, usually.
Breakfast? Same thing. When I cook my eggs they are always just like I like 'em.

·
Native Mainiac
20,475 Posts
I'd be a menace to society if I didn't make my own coffee. Couldn't make it to the end of the driveway without it. I set it up the night before, machine comes on at 05:30. I come down the stairs around 6 or so. Close the lid, push the button and go take a leak. Usually it's done by the time I come out of the bathroom or off the front steps depending on the weather and my mood.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
Start coffee bright a d early, not much for breakfast.

·
Premium Member
10,551 Posts
No coffee here, love the smell, hate the taste. Only had it one time in my life when I had to stay up all night at the Philly Airport for an early morning flight the next day. Sweet iced tea is my poison.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I have an electric percolator on a timer. I load it up and pack my lunch before I go to bed. When I get up, I pour my coffee into my thermos, grab a bag out of the fridge, and I'm gone.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I've worked from home long before CoVId.

Living in small town USA the only options I have are CrapDonalds and a Kwik Trip.

Maybe once a month I might pick up a coffee or breakfast sandwich but it's been exclusively at home for the past 5 years.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I get my coffee ready the night before I go to bed. That way, when I get up I just have to turn the machine on. I make my own breakfast every morning too. Saves me a lot of $$. One egg scrambled with a handful of shredded cheese and some bacon crumbles. I put that in a dish and microwave it for one minute. Wash that down with almond milk. Very low carb content. Then I drink my coffee.

·
Anti-Federalist
19,004 Posts
I voted no breakfast. I do have a cup of black coffee that I make.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
We set up our coffee maker to come on at 7AM. Usually keep breakfast simple with juice and cereal or a breakfast bar. On occasion, I will fry up eggs and bacon for us with toasted rye bread with caraway.

If we go out, we like Einstein Bagels or a place called The Cracked Egg that specializes in breakfasts.

·
Registered
7,833 Posts
When I was going to the office I generally grabbed something on the way in. I have been work from home since March so eating at home 95% of the time. The standard is bacon and eggs with 1-2 times a week organic cinnamon rolls instead. K-cup coffee. I lost 25lbs 230 to 205 probably related to that change.I am 6-3 so 205 not a bad number.

·
Registered
9,911 Posts
I take a yeti cup from home for the drive. After that it's free coffee at the office.

Warren Buffett, 3rd or 4th richest man in the world, drives through McDonalds every day in Omaha.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Tim Hortons... Canada’s greatest contribution to Western Civilization. Well that & maybe hockey. :animlol:

5888C01D-3E89-4628-BFAE-AA447D0BBE37.jpeg

5CC99272-06FA-4AC8-9751-C29B97E6AA42.jpeg

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
My uncle worshipped Tim Hortons. He would bring two dozen doughnuts to a gathering and eat at least one dozen himself. He was a true sugarholic.

·
17,598 Posts
I make my own breakfast and I stopped drinking Coffee about a year and a half ago when I stopped getting a caffeine buzz from it and it wasn't helping me wake up in the morning.

But I used to grind my own coffee and then mix the good ground dark roast with the cheapest brand of store-bought ground coffee to save money and the good flavor of the fresh ground beans would overpower the nothing flavor of the cheap stuff. I've never liked instant coffee.

I used to make it in a large french press that would make 3 normal size cups and two big cups.
Ocasionally I would get it from a starbunks or some drive thru coffee stand, but usually a double "Americano" black, and frozen latte's in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
2,142 Posts
I make mine the hard way!
IMG_0196 7.24.14 AM.jpg

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
252 Posts
Folgers Classic and percolator with heavy whipping cream. My old perc bit the dust about 3 weeks ago, but found a new one just like it. Hopefully get 20 years out of this one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 48 Posts