where do you buy ammunition

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by kent, Apr 5, 2005.

1. kent

kent

mga sir,

saan po kayo bumibili ng mga ammo nyo? preferred brands? preferred grain, loads, weight? at magkano?

excludes reloads po,

thanks

2. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

ano purpose? pang carry ba?
    Me, I prefer CORBON +P JHP 115gr above, sa 9mm ko pang carry. Natyempo lang ako sa Gun Show, nabili na ako ng madami
    ;f. around P90 - P100/bullet ng Corbon 9mms.

try mo din mag research sa Caliber Corner bout grains. Tnx!

3. kent

kent

uh oh, ganyan na ba kamahal ang bala? last time bumili kasi ako was about 6 years ago, bought 500 Remington 9mm fmj at Php14 each.
    have been reloading them since. (and my dad was saying then that ang mahal ng bili ko)

for the .45cal i'm still using bullets bought by my father and uncle way before the martial law.

on a side note, reload materials cost me 5 pesos per round, when i have it reloaded sa commercial reloader, charge nya 5 pesos labor and materials (pareho lang menos pagod pa);P

4. kent

kent

no other suggestion?

where do folks get the ranger T or the Gold dot for that matter? how much are these?

based on the caliber forum corbon are just gimmick,

5. 9MX

9MX Rei!

most of us go for reloads for competition/practice. once a year purchase lang ata ang jhps,etc.

i think the ranger ammo is avlbl at pb. do a search in this forum for pbdionisio's no.

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

If you're referring to Winchester Ranger SXT, try mo sa Stronghand. Gold Dot, try mo yung sariling brand ng Hahn Manila, they use Speer Gold Dot heads for their defense ammo.

7. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

PB Dionision also carries Sellier & Bellot (S&B) and Fiocchi JHP ammo in 9mm. These cost less than half of what the better-known brands do, which means you can buy more rounds and practice with them more often without feeling too much like you're burning money :)

8. Valor1

Valor1 Range Bum

Kahit na ano bala na na-test mo personally at pumuputok ng maganda sa baril mo, iyon na lang bilhin mo. Dami opinion sa bala kahit nga maganda na at mahal sa iba e pangit pa rin. Iyon ngang iba Armscor pa lang e wala na reklamo sa mga baril nila. Wala lang opinyon lang.:)

9. DeltaEliteMan

DeltaEliteMan Leave the gas.

What the hell did he say? Is that vietnamese or something?;4

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kahit na ano bala na na-test mo personally at pumuputok ng maganda sa baril mo, iyon na lang bilhin mo. Dami opinion sa bala kahit nga maganda na at mahal sa iba e pangit pa rin. Iyon ngang iba Armscor pa lang e wala na reklamo sa mga baril nila. Wala lang opinyon lang
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Delta,

Thats Pilipino Language. Here is the translation in summary:

Buy ammunition that works well with your pistol. So many negative opinions have been thrown on branded ammunition. On the other hand, those who use Armscor ammunition are satisfied. Just an opinion:)

Feel free to holler whenever you need help in translating, any of my BOG brothers/sisters would assist you:cool:

11. DeltaEliteMan

DeltaEliteMan Leave the gas.

Thanks alot 9MX!
    I didn't know if they had some sort of secret language thing going on here at Glock Talk. I was trying to move the letters around and everything trying to make sense of it.;Y

12. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Good morning, The Band of Glockers is "hangout" forum for Glock Talk Members of Filipino, Filipino/American, or any nationality that would like to talk about Glocks, Shooting, and all related topics. This forum is based on an informal club that has sprung up, in the Philippines. Sometimes we speak our native language. You're welcome to join sir! :)

13. vega

vega

You didn't have the right book to decipher it. You should get a copy of Rebecca...;)

vega

14. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Vega,

I didn't quite follow.. ;Q

15. BinLurking

BinLurking Your Phone

This has been discussed in the past. If you can translate it, why not post it in English in the first place? This will save a lot of efforts in everyone's part and bandwith by not having to repost it in English. I know you all can read and write in English (some even better than some of GTers), unless you're hiding something or talking about something (someone) you don't want us to know. Which one is it? BTW, do you see Hispanic GTers posting in Spanish here at GT? It's called common courtesy. I know you call me names whenever I disagree with your posts here, so take your free shots, I'm used to it.

16. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Noted!

17. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Noted, and seconded. Or thirded if you like.
    :)

------------

I like to rotate my ammo purchases among various shops. The more gun stores stay open because of my money, the better it is for all of us gun owners.

That said, P.B. Dionisio seems to have the inside track on Remington Golden Saber in any caliber. Many other stores carry RGS, including the newly opened, very handsome gun store 'STRAIGHT SHOOTER' on Shaw Boulevard in Pasig (though admittedly, I may have cleaned out their supply, heheh).

P.B. Dionisio's own Bullseye line of cartridges is decent, though not as firmly-crimped as most US brands, or even Armscor. Repeated chambering of a cartridge will obtain some bullet setback. Available from P.B. Dionisio, mostly.

Twin Pines (of Rock Island Armory 45 fame) has a line of 'Silver Bullet' JHP in base-silver jackets, so they say. Those cartridges are a bit hotly-loaded, so if you are into jarring your hand, then you might go with them. Their .380 ACP would clock well over 1050 fps, and their bigger .45 ACP would not be too far behind velocity-wise. I wish they'd stop selling them in blisterpcks WITH Scotch TAPE across the casings ---it leaves adhesive gunk on the casing that can seriously affect reliability. Available from Twin Pines and Casa Armas

I'm close to giving up that Hahn will ever issue a Gold-Dot-loaded .380 ACP, but their ammo gets nice comments from fellow shooters. Available, naturally from Hahn outlets.

Armscor could use more dimensional and weight consistency... but their cartridges don't seem to come up short for it. They seem to be the most affordable factory ammo around. Armscor is fairly ubiquitous.

:)
    horge

18. Wp.22

Wp.22

sir horge,

would you know the number of straight shooters it is not listed in the yellow pages.

thanks

19. deenoh

deenoh

636-4663 or 636-4664, I met the owner yesterday and I was impressed with his knowledge of firearms. In fact, he wrote a book that some of you may be familiar with, Basic Technical Facts about Firearms and Ammunition.

20. jundeleon

jundeleon

armscor ammo is good enough as a carry round if nothing else is available. from a batch of 200 rounds 45acp 230 grains, about 5 rounds suffered bullet setbacks after cycling these in my para.

Personally, I prefer Corbon and Remington Golden Saber.

45acp 185 grains + p hollowpoints for my USP
    9mm 115 grains +p hollowpoints for the Walther

Bought from Urban last year at P65 per round.

I cant seem to find +p Remington Golden Sabers in both calibers.
    Standard pressure Rem Golden Sabers at PBD are available.