close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where do I hang my guardian bell?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by 23glockrock, May 13, 2007.

1. 23glockrock

23glockrock

My mother in law just gave me a guardian bell for my bike. Is there a proper place to hang it? I thought about hanging it from one of the d-rings on my saddle bags, but I didn't know if it had to be hung from the actual bike itself for maximun protection...

2. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

On every one of my bikes . I hang it at the lowest part of the frame, not in line with the rear wheel. You do not want those gremlins falling off and grabbing a nail for your rear tire before they say goodbye. Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

Remember to keep it shiny so they fall off faster!
    Look right below the right peg.

[​IMG]

3. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

mine was on the floor board (see Pic)on my recently sold bike. I'm waiting for someone to buy one for my new bike.

4. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Outstanding Motorcycle. When You get another one like that and get tired of it, Please bring it to my house and I promise I will take care of it till you want it back. I will await your call ,plenty of fresh oil and a place in my living room ,since this is gonna take some special attention to keep that sharp. Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

5. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Thanks,

It sold for just $8250 to a used car dealer that was going to ride it for a year and then sell it on his lot. She was 17 years old and due for another rebuild, so before I sank another $4-5000 into her, I thought that I'd say good-bye. She's been gone 3 weeks now, it's like losing an old girlfriend.

I have a new mistress now, much sexier.:thumbsup:

6. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

Hang them from the lowest part of the bike. Mine are hanging from the driver floorboards. They protect you from road gremlins, especially in curves when your bike is closest to the pavement.
    Ride safe,|
    Dano

7. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

I thought they were designed to be tied to your handlebar tassles.

8. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Not my belief, but connect that bell to the frame cause there are more mechanical problems, than leather problems. You should see the goofiness when I tap my golf club with my gremlin bell. Golfers have some rituals ,that scare the hell out of me. When you ride a scooter you need all the Good luck you can get. Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

9. OMEGA5

OMEGA5

All you'll get attaching them to the leather tassles is chipped paint and chrome. No, they are to protect you from road gremlins that invade your bike from the road and cause mechanical problems. Mounting them to a point lowest/closest to the road scares them away.
    Ride safe,
    Dano