Where did the comments go?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by hyJOEstatic SHOCK, Jan 13, 2010.

1. hyJOEstatic SHOCK

hyJOEstatic SHOCK

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1066596

The above thread was 1 that I enjoyed reading a great deal. While reading a newer thread today, I wanted to reference the one above, but when I pulled it back up, it showed where all the comments by the thread originator have been replaced with just dots?

I'd like to know why.

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I only looked at the first half-page or so of posts. The note at the bottom of each of the modified posts indicates it was the user who made the modifications. Perhaps s/he had second thoughts about the subject matter, or were upset at some of the later comments and decided to withdraw information from the earlier posts.

Basically, any/all info that a person supplies here is of their own accord, and can be withdrawn at any time by editing their post(s). The only time that this option is not available is after a thread is locked; at the point it is locked, all posts are "frozen" and can no longer be edited.

3. hyJOEstatic SHOCK

hyJOEstatic SHOCK

Thanks DJ.

I had seen this type of thing before, & I just figured someone (like a mod) went in & removed stuff per terms of the site or something. Appreciate the clarity that you have brought.