close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where did that "Pooh chambering another round" thing come from?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Annoyedgrunt, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I've seen more than a few sig lines on here that say something to the effect of

Variations I've seen during a google search include "as he chambered his last round", "as he punched the mag release", and "as the tripwire clicked." The search never specifies the origin, it just gives you links to the blog or forum or whatever where people have one of those in their sig, or in their conversation.

Where did this come from? Just one of those gun board things? :dunno:

2. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

3. countrygun

countrygun

I sure didn'y start it but the first time I saw somebody else use something like it, it kicked in a memory and something I had to put into a signature line.

There was a book out years ago after the Falkland war about the British soldier, it wa a kind of "Around the Barracks" kind of thing. Anyway the author was trying to express the comraderie, how closely the troops were to each other (and not meaning "Gay" either according to the author) against the violence. He related a conversation that he caught a bit of in the Falklands DURING A FIRE FIGHT, (I have to say I am paraphrasing because it has been years)

"During a bit of a lull in the firing I overheard one of the Marines telling the man next to him, as he swapped magazines--"And further more you burnt the bloody biscuits this morning"

the juxtaposition of the little Pooh Bear, and a weapon in a fight, just has a "Dada-ist" appeal.

4. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

It came from a pure genius.

My daughter worked with Disney, marketing some Pooh stuff and she thought it very funny too.

5. Hamilton Burger

Hamilton Burger Incompetent

you mean this?

[​IMG]

It was the night Tigger bounced into Rabbit's place, right into a big barrel of honey wine! Poor Tigger got shizzle-faced... hung Piglet in the smokehouse, cut off Eeyore's head and wore it for a hat, ate up little Roo in one bite, and was chasing Kanga around for some fun, fun, fun, fun, fun... Christoper Robin had to do something. And that something was Pooh!

nah ...google images.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. countrygun

countrygun

Tres Cool! I never knew where it came form, just touched a chord with me