Where can I get a good hunting vest?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by RMTactical, Jun 13, 2005.

1. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

Do any of you guys own hunting vests? I am looking for one, specifically for fowl, but for other types of hunting as well. Any help would be appreciated.

2. noway

noway

I would take a look at cabela's or basspro and then serach online. I had a Browing bright orange hunting vest before I flat out wore it out and then it was too hot for the warmer enviroments of SE florida, it was a very nice vest and costs alot of $$$.$$s, held shells and a game animal pouch.

Guess what now I use a vented orange velcro add-on vest from walmart and carry my shells in a belt pouch and any game animal that I can successfiully harvest in a bigger pouch on the belt and the other hip. Cost $$.$$s. It's lite,cheap,not heavy, and not bulky & easy to clean and works and holds quite a few squirrels and a ton load of doves. ;)

3. mpol777

mpol777 Feral Member

Filson makes the most durable garments out there. I have a bunch of their products, one of which is the tin cloth strap vest. I have garmets they made that are over 10 years old and have been worked hard, but are still going strong. My old man has been using the same Filson coat since the early 60's and it's in great shape.

Tin cloth is like armor. Mesquite, cat claw, cactii, nothing can get through. If you want something lighter you can try shelter cloth or colver cloth fabrics, which are also softer. The strap vest is really open, so even though it's the heavier tin cloth it doesn't get too hot when hunting in the warmer months.

4. eisman

eisman ARGH! CLM

5. A.F. Lineman

A.F. Lineman

Swing by Basspro or Dicks. They both have a few that you can actually touch and try on. I have seen some good prices at Cabelas in their bargin cave. I have found a couple that I like and am just waitin' for that style to be in the bargain cave for a good price.