Where can I buy additonal Gen 4 backstraps?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cowboy1964, Oct 14, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Now that we have replaceable backstraps it will be a cinch to experiment with modifying the back of the grip. Get some extra backstraps and try some things. Worse case is you ruin a couple of dollars of backstrap instead of the whole gun. I want to specifically reduce the curve (hump) on the lower half of the grip, thinking it may help natural point of aim.

On another note, extra backstraps gives stipplers something realistic to practice on.

So, where can I order extra backstraps from? I would hope worst case I could order from Glock but the G4's are so new they may not have built up any spares yet.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. GammaDriver

GammaDriver

It would be nice if Magpul came out with some options as well, wouldn't it?

3. TxGun

TxGun

Not sure they are out there yet...either factory or aftermarket. But they will be...just like mag extensions and grip plugs.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  4. albinlee

albinlee

Wouldnt it be interesting if they developed a backstrap which levels off the hump, and makes the grip angle more vertical? I dunno, it might be a neat thing to experiment with. I am sure someone is already designing it as we speak.

5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

That's exactly what I'm getting at. I see no reason why a custom backstrap can't "straighten out" the profile of the rear of the grip.

6. Flipz

Flipz

Glockparts.com usually has them in stock, but theyre on backorder right now.