Where can I buy a Glock 27 Bar-sto .40 cal barrel?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kashton, Sep 9, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kashton

kashton EMT-Paramedic

I've been looking on the internet for a Bar-Sto GLock 27 barrel in .40 cal and can only find them at impact guns but they are super expensive (~ $325). Top Gun Supply just got some in but they are only for the bigger model glocks... they are priced well too... $200. I guess that is good because the only thing I can compare it to is the impact guns price.

Where can I buy some for ~$200 +/- a little bit?

Thanks!
    Kevin

(Sorry if this subject has been beaten to death :shocked: )

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Try Custom Glock Racing.

3. kashton

kashton EMT-Paramedic

Thanks! What is the difference between "Semi-Drop in" and "Fitted" ?

4. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

Semi drop in means that you can drop the barrel in and take off a little metal of the hood so that it can shoot accurately with your sites or change point of impact if necessary whereas with the fitted barrel you would have to send your slide in and they would fit the barrel to that slide which would provide the tightest lockup... just my .02 I am sure others will give you the more technical version this is lay man's terms. :thumbsup:

5. n2wishn

n2wishn Stamp Collector

Also you can but the barrel directly from Bar-Sto

6. kraigster414

kraigster414

Kevin, this begs the question why you would want to spend $200 give or take on a match grade quality barrel (Bar-Sto) for a gun that was never designed for target work but up front and personal defense. With the short sight radius on the G27, you are plenty fine with the OEM barrel. Trust me, been there, done that. Unless you plan to shoot lead reloads and therefore need a barrel with conventional rifling, I'd stick with the factory barrel or possibly go with a Lone Wolf completely drop-in stainless steel barrel for under a hundred bucks. LW's ported barrel (extends out about an inch) does help keep the muzzle down and is as accurate if not more so than the OEM barrel. Personally, I'd apply the $200 you would spend on a Bar-Sto (which in most cases requires professional fitting and more $) on practice ammo. But that's just me.

7. kashton

kashton EMT-Paramedic

Good advice kraigster! I won't get one, I'll keep the OEM. It did seem quite expensive for a barrel...