Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad has a bac,kyard full of Catawba trees. Every year the trees are usually covered with Catawbaworms. BUTk Not this year....:wow: I havent found anyone in our area that has had any luc,k with them this year. What happened... Where did they go... Great catfishing bait.:dunno::faint:

·
Rejected member
2,305 Posts
Yeah, my grandaddy had two trees in his yard when I was a kid. Used to use the worms to catch bream and bass. You're right, the fish would literally ATTACK them. Best live bait ever!

·
GLOCKER
1,247 Posts
It maybe the weather, fireants, etc. I believe people normally try to collect them in July and September if I am correct. My dad has used them but I have never tried them. I hear you have to turn them inside out and then put them on a hook. I have noticed over the years that many different kinds of animals, insects, critters I used to see as a kid pretty much seem to have disappeared and now I am seeing others that have seemingly replaced them. It also seems like a "Sign of the Times" thing.There was a time when I never saw fireant mounds anywhere near my house. Now it seems like wherever you step you are within feet of them. I used to see Red foxes, now I haven't seen them in years but the end of last year/early this year I saw five coyotes.

I will let you guys in on another great bait. Small small crayfish. Try taking a fine mesh net and dipping near the bank in a pond or creek. If you are lucky you can find some of the baby crawdad that are very soft and transparent (they look like shrimp). Fish absolutely love these things. If you can find them, you will see what I mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts