GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Well I will say here in the north ATL burbs, nearly every retailer has a now hiring shingle out...
I know of some IT support gigs, and programming gigs that are hiring right now too.
Yep. I live in Texas. Almost EVERYWHERE I go I see NOW HIRING - APPLY WITHIN signs on doors, windows and even along the side of the road.

FedEx delivered a package the other while I was at my mailbox. Before I even had a chance to say, "Hello" the driver asked me if I, or anyone that I knew, needed a job? He said that the contractor that he worked for was hiring everyone that he could find that wanted a job.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
My best ideas have come to me in my darkest hours.

Search within, and there you will find the answer you are looking for.

I bestow my blessings upon you.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
one of my girls did pretty good at the bank... i didn't realize tellers were allowed to accept tips...:dunno:
Are you certain that those were supposed to be "tips"?

Correct me if I am wrong . . . but when a bank customer says that they would like to make a deposit . . . don't they usually mean into their own account?

JK
:dancing:

·
Registered
10,882 Posts
Are you certain that those were supposed to be "tips"?

Correct me if I am wrong . . . but when a bank customer says that they would like to make a deposit . . . don't they usually mean into their own account?

JK
:dancing:
:noevil:
:eyelashes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Has anyone suggested the Peace Corps yet? They can't send everyone to Ethiopia. A few lucky ones get to go to cool places like Tahiti, if only to keep up recruitment.

Seriously, good luck. Around here, all the Wal-Mart's are hiring like crazy, and so are the grocery stores, and some are offering $200 cash bonuses for getting hired. You might also check your local city and county's HR pages for jobs.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,457 Posts
FYI, my daughter worked during her high school time waitressing.
Me too. I worked the counter because the owner also wanted me to run the cash register because my drawer always cashed out perfect.
The best tippers were the policemen, state troopers, and sheriff's deputies. They were my regulars at the counter and I took good care of them.

I thought you ran a backhoe at your "daddy's" company?
No, that was me. I did that too during the summer. I loved doing that, Daddy's men called me "tractor girl" LOL.

Remember when you are in ATL north metro we can put you out with our anti crime unit.
That would be more exciting than me :D
Those are the plainclothes guys, right? That might be a little too "exciting" for me. I think I'll just sit in the car and turn on the lights.

·
Registered
19,911 Posts
Me too. I worked the counter because the owner also wanted me to run the cash register because my drawer always cashed out perfect.
The best tippers were the policemen, state troopers, and sheriff's deputies. They were my regulars at the counter and I took good care of them.

No, that was me. I did that too during the summer. I loved doing that, Daddy's men called me "tractor girl" LOL.

Those are the plainclothes guys, right? That might be a little too "exciting" for me. I think I'll just sit in the car and turn on the lights.
No they are uniformed officers usually. They don't answer calls. they are the ones out hunting

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,457 Posts
No they are uniformed officers usually. They don't answer calls. they are the ones out hunting
Oh ok. But don't the bad guys stop their criminal behavior when they see a uniform?

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,457 Posts
Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Are all the restaurants shut down there? You can make good money waiting on tables. I did that in HS.
I would think that a waitress with swimsuit modeling qualifications would get more tips than a male waiter. No judgement....just speculating.

·
Registered
14,523 Posts
I want nothing to do with IT anymore..............just kidding.....I will humbly accept most anything..........oh god......my stomach...

I just want to drive.........drive.......drive all night
The Uber guys I talk too are kinda meh about the whole thing. If you gotta pay for a rental on top of that.... The lady in Vegas stated she does pretty well but she was the only one. My boss just tipped me $200 for our road trip but I get paid FT by the company and he is just a generous guy but very A type personality.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,523 Posts
What’s the next iteration of backpage.com? Lots of lonely people around the holidays.
A Sugar momma is what he needs. How is your Cunnilingus? Of course, I have also heard of people making cash just hugging someone but you don't strike me as a hugger.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Semper Paratus
27,962 Posts

Nope in uniform they also have the K9s assigned to them .

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Semper Paratus
27,962 Posts
Oh ok. But don't the bad guys stop their criminal behavior when they see a uniform?
Lol too late we got ya looking.

Reactions: Hannie Caulder

·
Semper Paratus
27,962 Posts
I would think that a waitress with swimsuit modeling qualifications would get more tips than a male waiter. No judgement....just speculating.
Women tip nice young men very well.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts