GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumblings are being heard of vaccine efficacy and availability on or about Nov. 1. Not sure that it will happen, but how long before the Dems, either before vaccine roll-out or after roll-out, become anti-vaxxers, at least with respect to any COVID-19 vaccine(s)?

Dr. Campbell
Sep 2, 2020
Vaccines soon
View: https://youtu.be/d-oQI2RoXPI
Will there be an anti-vax Democrat campaign message?
Will the Dems try to block or delay any COVID-19 vaccine release before the election?
If Trump wins, will the Dems try to stop any COVID-19 vaccine release?
If Trump loses, will the Dems try to stop or delay any COVID-19 vaccine release- maybe offer it to other countries first?

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
A good percentage of the left are anti-vaxxers.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
The Right is well-represented in the anti-vax community, too.

The Dems will do whatever is politically expedient. That will include being both pro and anti vaccine in succession based on whatever furthers their cause at the moment.

·
Registered
20,657 Posts
Idiot VP candidate Harris was asked if she would get vaccinated when it was available. Now if she doesn't want to get vaccinated I don't care. But her reason for not getting vaccinated was that she doesn't trust Trump. What a dumbass.

I do think the chances of getting a vaccine to market are slim but if one is available I will take it. The three majur US companies working feverishly to get a vaccine to market have all said they have no intention of putting out a vaccine that has not proven safe and at least somewhat effective in human trials and the FDA has said the same thing. Last I checked, Trump doesn't make or sell vaccines.

·
Registered
30,869 Posts
There are plenty of anti-vaxxers on the right. They won't even wear a mask to protect everyone else, let alone themselves, and think COVID-19 is fake, so why they would want the vaccine?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
They're already saying it's too early, and the vaccines haven't been fully tested. Clearly they do not want a vaccine out before election day.

·
Registered
30,869 Posts
They're already saying it's too early, and the vaccines haven't been fully tested. Clearly they do not want a vaccine out before election day.
Yeah, who needs testing?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Yah, like that time Hillary said vaccines cause autism.. oh wait, that was trump
https://www.historyofvaccines.org/trump-and-vaccines

Or that time I heard prattling on about idiotic vaccine conspiracy theories about vaccines that have decades long proven safety records on the bernie for president forum..
oh wait, that was this website

When one of the big western European countries starts distributing a vaccine, I'll gladly take the american version of that vaccine.

Yes, I will be a little leery of taking something pushed by the banna-republicans at the fda, and their sharpey-on-the-hurricane-forecast leader without it being confirmed by an outside country...

·
M62/76
11,973 Posts
As soon as an effective vaccine becomes available. And especially if it’s touted by Trump.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm kinda thinking there will be House "hearings": the Dems will call in folks from the FDA & HHS, and from the companies who's vaccines are in Phase III trials now. Maybe a lawsuit or two seeking injunctions against the release of any vaccine in 2020, citing "safety concerns."

Not that I'd advocate approving anything before efficacy & safety trials are complete. And releasing any vaccine this year seems awfully quick, to me. But I'm no medical expert.

But I can't help thinking the Dems do NOT want a vaccine this year. (And won't want one next year, if Trump wins.) So I expect that they will try to torpedo it.

Or am I really being too cynical this time?

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,500 Posts
Not gonna be a vaccine.

There's just several US pharma companies lined up to feed at the trough filled with $9,000,000,000.00 of our money. Guaranteed at some point they're going to say they're "this close", and just need a few more billions of dollars to get there.

It's been 10 months. The rest of the world has also been desperately trying to develop a vaccine, we're not the only ones.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Why would Dems want a vaccine? The virus is their #1 excuse used by Dem governors to retain emergency executive powers. If there is a vaccine while Trump is still President, the Dems will scare everyone into thinking Trump had it laced with something harmful (as Harris is undoubtedly alluding to), so people won't vaccinate and thus will need to remain locked down forever.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
The Dems should have to take the Russian vax

Since they don’t trust Trump
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Frisky!
35,493 Posts
Day after trump announce mandatory vac for all.
UK style.
:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts