GlockTalk Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
34,794 Posts
If you are just buying ammo for a store - ya get as much as you can safely store. If you are reloading, it makes no sense to make up thousands & thousands of rounds of ammo. you can only fire off so many at one time. But for the long haul..
For right now (because I reload my own) I have more than enough to take care of whatever comes my way. With the reloading components already have on the shelf, that will see me through till... well... longer time than I have sand left in the hour glass.
I rarely keep more than 600rds of any given caliber. It allows me to be flexible. I can switch & setup & reload 500rds in 30m. So no real reason to sock 1000s of rounds of a given caliber. I have my shtf ammo in various calibers. One can only carry so much.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
No is the time to buy a Dillon press.

·
263 Posts
It will be a year at least before prices come back down.

Things are going to get much worse before they get better.

If I may...when they get better, how long?

4 years from now it could be the Cortez administration running and we'll wish it was Biden running again :/

·
Registered
9,757 Posts
If I may...when they get better, how long?

4 years from now it could be the Cortez administration running and we'll wish it was Biden running again :/
Honestly, I don’t think anyone has a clue.

You’re right that things could wind up getting worse before they get worse.

In this case I think ammunition companies need to invest in more capacity. I don’t think this is an ordinary spike.

When a small manufacturer in AZ has an $80M order backlog, how big do the backlogs have to be at a company like Federal. A quarter billion?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The comparison is of Iranians to rioters is laughable. One is a bit abstract the other is happening daily here with little police response. People are waking up to the fact the police can not protect you from violence only clean up after. I have people contacting me about guns & training that would NEVER own a gun.
Abstract yes, that was the singular goal of saying I wish there was a response (maybe after the election) where the rioters realize their efforts could not be worth the risk of continuing their actions, much like the Iranians that were holding our hostages at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34,794 Posts
Abstract yes, that was the singular goal of saying I wish there was a response (maybe after the election) where the rioters realize their efforts could not be worth the risk of continuing their actions, much like the Iranians that were holding our hostages at the time.

Two diff ideologies. Iran has something to lose, the rioters do not, not as long as liberal run cities hobble their LE. Notice how fast the whole monument thing stopped when trump said 10y minimum felony charge. There has to be a consequence for actions if you want actions to stop.
This is basic how to raise a 3y old stuff. Liberals are playing softball with rioters when they should be playing Rugby. It isnt protesting once a bottle is thrown or something set on fire. Arrests should be made swiftly & prosecuted to the max. Then all this goes away because none of these cowards want to spend a year or more in jail & get out with a felony record.

Reactions: SBray and ssgrock3

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Two diff ideologies. Iran has something to lose, the rioters do not, not as long as liberal run cities hobble their LE. Notice how fast the whole monument thing stopped when trump said 10y minimum felony charge. There has to be a consequence for actions if you want actions to stop.
This is basic how to raise a 3y old stuff. Liberals are playing softball with rioters when they should be playing Rugby. It isnt protesting once a bottle is thrown or something set on fire. Arrests should be made swiftly & prosecuted to the max. Then all this goes away because none of these cowards want to spend a year or more in jail & get out with a felony record.
I am in full agreement.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Predictions from anyone not involved with production or marketing of firearms, ammo and/or raw materials are worthless. Mental masturbation

·
Registered
34,794 Posts
Predictions from anyone not involved with production or marketing of firearms, ammo and/or raw materials are worthless. Mental masturbation
Yeah but predictions based on previous facts & history are valid for anyone trying to make a plan. Example, if you plan on being able to buy what ever you want in Jan, you are predicting & probably wrong.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
My prediction, which has the total value of an anonymous internet comment, is Trump wins handily next month. Crazy riots break out and quickly get squashed by Trump. Covid insanity reactions begin to roll back. Normalcy begins to return in the Spring. Ammo starts to pop up a little on shelves. Folks begin to feel comfortable and start canceling backlogged ammo orders. Ammo hits the shelves big time come Summer. Eventually there will be another panic, and scores of folks will be right back where we are now wondering why they can’t get ammo.

·
Registered
34,794 Posts
Regardless of who wins in Nov, the covid panic will slow. States that are holding out for poltical reasons will either get their bailout thru Biden or nothing from Trump & have to open to stop the economic bleeding. These liberal states will also have to step on the rioters hard for the same economic reasons.
Covid is a bad flu bug, get it, survive or die but no vaccine will be much better than the current flu vac so that isnt saving us. Therapeutics is where it is at, just like the common cold. How is that for a masturbatorial prediction??:duel:

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Well, the economic forecasters for the ammo, gun and raw materials manufacturers are in the same bind as anyone else that's trying to make short, medium and long term business plans. Macroeconomic forecasts are a crapshooot under best "normal" conditions. Worse right now. They know the status of customer orders, but their economic crystal balls are no more lucid than those belonging to anyone else.

·
Preferred Pronouns: (It, Ya'll, Bruh)
2,806 Posts
Macroeconomic forecasts are a crapshooot under best "normal" conditions.
Ea-sy, sir. :)

...reminds me of a great quote I used to hang in the office:

"An economic forecaster is like a cross-eyed javelin thrower; they don’t win many accuracy contests, but they sure hold the crowd’s attention."​

101 - 113 of 113 Posts