When was the last time you bought your wife/GF an unexpected gift?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Hannie Caulder, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Me being nosy again it's what I do.

Christmas, birthday, anniversary, etc. gifts don't count. Must be for no particular reason, just because. Does not need to be expensive.

EDIT: Gifts for "both" of you don't count either. Must be just for her.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    michael_b likes this.
  2. 2bgop

2bgop

Just so happens I bought her a Dead Air Sandman-S suppressor yesterday. I'm sure she will love it almost as much as I will.

3. John_AZ

John_AZ

I bought her a robot vacuum cause I was sick of the floor being dirty and I was too lazy to clean it.

I’ve also considered hiring her a pretty 20 year old blonde nanny to help with the baby

4. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

This weekend. She is returning from Boston today after a visit to our daughter. I will give it to her tonight. :)

happie2shoot, byf43, kiser64 and 2 others like this.
  5. John_AZ

John_AZ

DBC7FEE8-F14B-42DE-954C-FF24ED0A425D.jpeg

michael_b, pgg00 and WeeWilly like this.
  6. J-Doo

J-Doo

Too long. I should be ashamed

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  7. Hannie Caulder

Ok, gifts for "both" of you don't count either. Must be just for her.

!

Ooooh what is it? Inquiring minds need to know.

8. P99er

P99er GT Ombudsman

The last time I had a girlfriend.

It was in the fall, and I found a beautiful fall arrangement with orange colored roses and all the fall colors included in the mix. It was a busy evening at Kroger, and the checkout lines were backed up, so I was in line 20 or 30 minutes. After a while, I scanned the checkout area and about half the women there were looking at me, well, the flowers. I'm not much, so it was more of an oddity thing. They were probably thinking anyone that puts up with "that" should get flowers every day. I wanted to tell them all it was "just because" and not "I'm sorry".

9. KBKEITH

KBKEITH Problem Solver

Apple Watch Series 3 back in June. She loves it.

Joe!, Joshhtn and Hannie Caulder like this.
  10. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

Something flimsy she might wear... :)

My wife is 65 and while not as hot as the day I met her, is still pretty hot. She works very hard at staying in shape, she colors her hair still so no grey (big difference in the looking younger quotient) and it helps she has great genetic's. Her mom and dad are in their late 80's and still ballroom dance every Saturday night.

Keeps me working out, just so I don't feel guilty. :)

11. 2bgop

2bgop

Well she is pregnant with twins, so I bought her a minivan the other day. That has to count?

12. Hannie Caulder

Gifts for both of you don't count.

WeeWilly likes this.
  13. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

I am the gift. And it's a gift that keeps on giving year 'round.

Seriously though. We're getting married soon and with all the expenses and slamming down on debt I haven't even thought of it. And yes, I am the type to just pick up something sentimental if I see it in the store. Glad you brought it up. Her life has been stressful lately, it would be a really good time for something thoughtful.

14. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

Last thing I got my ex before we parted ways was a snow blower....used, but in wicked good shape. Thought it might stopped her whinging about having to shovel the walk and driveway. I still got it.

byf43, First shot, pgg00 and 3 others like this.
  15. John_AZ

John_AZ

You know you can just turn a dishwasher into a snowblower, don’t you?

pgg00 and FullClip like this.
  16. janice6

janice6

I buy my wife unexpected gifts all the time. I told her that it is not a gift if it's expected. I don't do "expected".

I enjoy seeing the recipients happy receiving something they never expected, and at a time when there is no obligation. To me, That is the condition for a "gift".

I buy costume jewelry for my Grand daughters for the same reason, and for the fact that at college and at high school age they have little to no money to throw away, so their choices are very limited...…. Mine are not! I love seeing their faces just light up.

Every gift I give, has in some way, only value to the recipient, certainly not to me, nor to their family and friends. It's just for them alone. One time I bought a Betty Boop cartoon watch for my Grandson's girl friend on her birthday.

She asked how I knew she loved Betty Boop, and I told her she said so one time we were visiting. I also made sure it was in her favorite color band. She said wow, a gift in my favorite color, and something I like, a man that listens, priceless! I was flattered.

The gift is something specifically for them. I don't care if their friends/spouse/relatives see any use or value for it. It's very personal from me to them. I can't tell you how strongly I feel about this. I never buy for my convenience, but for their enjoyment only.

I have never purchased a tool or appliance for my wife, and I refuse to. If it is for work, it is purchased when needed and it is necessary, not a gift!

My wife has, on occasion, asked me why I do these things for her, and I responded that I do it hoping that she will do the same for me. Still waiting...…….

17. WeeWilly

WeeWilly

I met my wife when she was a very young professional. She had just bought a pretty rundown condo and was in way over her head. Murphy struck just before Christmas and her refrigerator broke down and she was just not in a place financially to replace it. So for Christmas I had a new refrigerator delivered.

When I came over to see her, knowing the frig had been delivered, she met me at the door and gave me a big tight hug. She smiled and said, "That was so kind of you, I really appreciate it", "but from now on, appliances don't count as gifts, OK?", she said with a big sultry smile. ;)

I always take what she says to heart, seems to have worked out after all these years. :)

18. Need4Speed

Need4Speed

Three of my four kids were unexpected. I already did my part.

19. Victor Dubya

Victor Dubya The Kindly Curmudgeon

I bought my GF a nice embroidered dishtowel. That was thirty fives years ago and she's no longer with me. Can't for the life of me figure out why.

OGW, Need4Speed, pgg00 and 3 others like this.
  20. Bruce M

Bruce M

Anyone looking for suggestions allow me to suggest this for the very important November 3rd holiday approaching.

[​IMG]