When it goes to the Senate...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Quijibo, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

There needs to be a immediate vote. The GOP needs to release a statement telling the people how much tax money has already been wasted on these BS "investigations" and hearings and and then turn the whole thing over to Barr.

Bus007, pipedreams, czsmithGT and 3 others like this.
  2. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

As much as I'd like to see these phony's grilled, there are no GOP firebrands in the senate that will put it to them and all they'd be doing is providing more out-of-context sound bites for the leftist media. The few who are paying attention have heard all they need to hear. No sense in wasting more $$$.

3. NMG26

NMG26

Could backfire

Grabbrass likes this.
  4. PatinAz

PatinAz

Agree. Whole thing should take less than 30 minutes. Walk in, roll call, vote, tell the American people there's other problems to work on, and walk out.

5. uhlawpup

uhlawpup l'Italia s'è desta

So, let me get this straight.

You’re saying that, instead of at least hearing the evidence in a trial mandated by the Constitution, and then finding the evidence insufficient, the Senate should simply vote on the strength of the media accounts and their own biases.

Good luck with that. Watch what the left does with that little example of misbehavior.

R.B. Riddick, Ender, RussP and 4 others like this.
  6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

I agree with you to the extent that the Prosecution (Democrats) should be allowed to present the case. But if the Republicans in the Senate have any sense at all, the rules of procedure for the trial will require that the Federal Rules of Evidence apply. Then what do the Democrats have? What will their "witnesses" testify about?

nerr, nursetim, pipedreams and 2 others like this.
  7. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

Thank you for posting what I didn't think it was necessary to take the time to explain.
    :cheers:
    The leftist media will have their way with every little sound bite and make brave heroes of the witnesses. Why give them more fuel for their propaganda machine? Like I said, those few who want the truth have watched closely and have already made up their minds. Use the grotesque waste of time and money against them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

The Constituion says the Senate will conduct a trial. But the Senate decides what that "trial" will be. It is a political, not a judicial proceeding. The GOP controls the Senate. So the Republucans can say, "OK, here's Exhibit 1, the House Impeachment Report. Everybody read it? Good. We will now entertain a motion to dismiss (or to acquit) for failure to present a cognizable claim for adjudication. All in favor? 'AYE!' Dismissed (Not guilty.)"

nerr, Quijibo and NMG26 like this.
  9. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

[​IMG]

Pythonman likes this.
  10. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

don't see how, public is already not behind it , and it losses steam daily

DAKA, pipedreams and Quijibo like this.
  11. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

This.

Lindsey Graham wants to 'move forward'. Mitch McConnell also wants a quick vote to close the case. He was on Hannity last night to say so. Hannity was his normal Kiss A** self - wagging his tail and sitting at McConnell's feet. He, Hannity, will be the mouth piece for the Republican Senate to do what they do best - cower.

I want witnesses called, put under oath, and questioned about their behavior. Specifically Schiff, the Whistle Blower, and both Bidens. If Graham and McConnell can't handle the 'stress of their job', then maybe they should reach down into the House and let Geaetz and Jordan do the heavy lifting.

It appears that Senate Republicans just want the water to settle down so they can go back to quietly doing nothing. I swear if they want to keep me on board they will have to do their job and 'out' the lying, criminal, democRATs in public hearings. If they fart and fold, the public will be left with the impression that this impeachment circus was valid.

I live in a state where Republicans are pretty scarce. But my House seat is currently held by a Republican. I wrote to him first thing this morning.

Edited to Add: McConnell said he made his decision based on the recommendation of Trump's attorneys. So his skirt just blew up in his face. If Trump's attorneys are calling the shots, they should come forward and tell us why they want to ignore this case. Me thinks that there are many Swamp Creatures in the Republican party and they too are afraid of the light of truth.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  12. NMG26

NMG26

Oh, I didn't know the public had much weight in the matter

Mayhem like Me likes this.
  13. PatinAz

PatinAz

If you think repercussions would come to Schiff and all others involved in this sham, I have a bridge for sale. Vote and get over it. Swamp is gonna swamp, no matter what. Graham saying he just wants it to be done with equates, in my mind to- we can't let everything out of the bag. So lets move on, nothing else to see here.

14. PatinAz

PatinAz

Votes in reelection years.

15. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

You do realize they can simply lie about it, and there'd be numerous witnesses called to corroborate the lies, right? The federal bureaucracy has their back.

16. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Yes - I do realize that they can lie - under oath. But it can be proved that Schiff had contact with the Whistle Blower and said that he did not. Not a crime - but it then becomes a proven lie. Same with the Whistle Blower - he may have broken laws by coming forward - not a true whistle blower but a plant by Dims to start the entire Ukraine fiasco. As for Biden's, they will have a tough time lying. Hunter can probably plead the 5th. But Uncle Joe will have to explain his true Quid-Pro-Quo.

They can't a lie - they will be under oath. If proven they lied they are subject to criminal penalty.

Intolerant and nursetim like this.
  17. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Silly You, where have you been, they run votes and strategy on Focus groups and polling, no ideals are left in DC.
    Where else can an FBI agent Lie on an Affidavit to a judge, and not be arrested and fired immediately when it comes to light.
    Said affidavit allowed our government to wire tap, and SPY on a Citizen outsider running for office, sounds more like Russia than our form of government.
    If it happened in ANY police agency it would be big news and followed by an immediate arrest and firing.
    DC does not follow any laws that I can see.

Mtnfolk75, nursetim, xTerpx and 3 others like this.
  18. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I've heard reasons for both. I heard Kellyanne Conway tell Laura Ingraham (?) or Tucker Carlson last night that the president wants to do it. And I think Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz and sometimes Doug Collins are "firebrandy" enough. The "Dragon Lady" from Arizona, Debbie Lesko acquitted herself well, IMO, too. They could do it, I'm pretty sure.

19. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

Pretty sure McConnel and Co has the plan to acquit and make a statement. It is the best way to discredit the Commies. Pay it no mind. Move on. Be professional and don't act like clowns.

APERS and Quijibo like this.
  20. F106 Fan

F106 Fan

So, the Senate drops the case. What is to prevent the House from repeating the debacle and sending more Articles of Impeachment? Continuously, throughout the election cycle.

I don't think they will, I think the voters have had enough, but I wonder if they could.