Glock Talk banner

When is a G19 worth $1500.00 ?

3453 Views 50 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  bdcremer
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
446 Posts
He may have sunk $1500 into those mods over time but I doubt he'll ever get it back out. I really like my G19, it's my most used gun, by a long shot. But I'd never pay 1500 for one...

· Federal Member
30,587 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
Once you do stuff like that to a gun, it's yours. Don't expect to ever recoup your money by selling it, let alone assume you can turn a profit.

Of course, a fool and his money are easily parted....

II

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Like has been said he probably has they much in it. I plan on getting my 19 stippled by SMB and either an RMR or serrations by ATEI, more likely no RMR.

· Federal Member
30,587 Posts
I am still trying to figure out, why so many Glock ads I see, have a higher used price, than a new Glock.

:wow:

· Registered
29,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am still trying to figure out, why so many Glock ads I see, have a higher used price, than a new Glock.

I see that a lot, too. Puzzling.

Reactions: Glockdude1

· Watcher.
41,318 Posts

We take yer age inta the equation,youse gets confused easy.'08. :fred: :innocent:

Reactions: Glockdude1

· Registered
1,556 Posts

· NRA Life Member
75,681 Posts
Some people will never realize that putting more money into a gun will not make them a better shooter.
One of the several ways you can spot a newb in the gun trading world - they think everything they do to a gun adds value, when almost nothing does and 3/4 decreases value.

In the real world of gun traders, if you want added value for parts, you take them off and sell the separately. I did this to a Glock yesterday - an hour of cleaning and part swapping made it look like a new gun, with the original case that I always keep just like it came from the store - took it to the gun show and traded it on a seriously undervalued Ruger Vaquero .44 Magnum.

Any permanent modifications to the gun are more likely to decrease value than add - frame stippling being #1 of those.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
Anyone who does stuff like that to a pistol really needs to understand they are married to it. On the other hand, I have seen people buy things at shows I wouldn't have given you a plugged nickel for. Some unsuspecting person who cannot go in a store and buy a gun may take it off his hands. I've seen much stranger things happen.

615 Posts
I recently saw a for sale ad for a gen 2 G21, and I believe it had some parts replaced/upgraded. The starting price was $575, and as much as I like/prefer gen 2 Glocks, I'm not paying more for an almost 20 year old gun than I can buy a brand new one like it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.