Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
always around
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all, when did you get your first Glock and why? I got my first Glock (G22) about a year and a half ago after using one of my dads G-17's, I loved to shoot the 17 and found a great deal at Gander Moutain for a police trade- in 22, with night sites for around $300. So, why did you get a Glock? Pics are always welcomed.

·
Banned
12,633 Posts
My first Glock was the 17 first generation it was my duty weapon I owned it wish I still had it.

·
pho_kit_all
895 Posts
I bought my first glock in 1997 because I wanted a subcompact. After shooting it for a month, I was hooked and continued to only buy glocks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I got my first glock which is a 23, about a month ago. I got it because I had be saving my money not knowing what I wanted to get and it was about the time that my mom started to want a gun to get her CHL, She got a .38 snub nose revolver and it hurt her hands So we started to look for other guns to get for her and then my dad found a glock 19 and my mom loved it! It was then I knew what I wanted to get, I just did not know which glock I wanted. so I stiled on a 23 and I love it!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well I have a short history with Glock, ButI love them. I am a fan of the G21, and I really love the G30. I just like to shoot them I guess. I am a very big fan of 1911's but Glocks have a special place with me now. Good Times.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I got my first glock in 2004 shortly after receiving my ccw. I was a newbie to guns, but decided due to certain circumstances that I needed to start carrying. I'm one of those guys that's a little leery of salesman, so I did some reading up of the gun magazines, and I decided on a Kahr pm9. Picked it up (and picked up the gun bug at the same time) and had a lot of fun learning how to shoot it. I kept reading about glocks, and said, hey I like guns, maybe I should have two (oh boy, if I only knew..)

Anyway, I got a g26 and took it to the range and was extremely pleased with how easy it was to shoot well. I liked shooting the pm9, but I liked shooting the g26 much more. Also, the mechanical-functional aspect of the G26 in operation just felt better to me. I got an OD G27 the next day and picked up 6 or so others over the next year. Yeah, I've read crack cocaine can hook one after just one use, well, I don't know about that, but those glocks can get you pretty quick. New guys beware.

·
Obie Wan, RIP
10,923 Posts
I bought a first generation Model 23 about seven years ago. I had been reading about the .40 S&W caliber and Glock pistols. I wanted to try both out so the 23 seemed like a natural choice.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Bought my first Glock when the model 17 was imported into the U.S. Officers in my department had to furnish their own weapons, and carried revolvers. The Chief was reluctant until we went to the range and he fired it. Up hill ever since. Now retired, and own 11 Glocks. Added the 30sf a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mine is a G21 3rd Gen that I got at a local gun shop about 2 years ago.

I went in and said I want a .45 that's reliable and basically can be left under a tree in the rain and mud for a week and still fire when I clean it off. So they showed me the Glock.

It's my home defense pistol next to the Rem 870.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had a mini-14 with a scope on it and it was so inaccurate I wanted to get rid of it. I walked into a pawn shop with it and was looking around and saw a strange looking auto laying there (this was 1988-89) and asked to see it. The owner handed it over and I ask whats the story, he replied, I don't know first one I got in here. So I bought it and still own it. G19 BX0xx. I love it and will never sale it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My first Glock was a 33, before that Sigs were all i owned, now I dont have any Sigs, but Ive got 3 Glocks! its not that Sigs are bad pistols, they are just too pretty and not as "throw around" durable as a Glock. I get a lot more use out of them.

·
Gun User
1,039 Posts
I got mine 3 monthes ago, its a G30. walked into the gun shop, and the moment i seen it I knew i had to have it. Technically it was used (previous owner) but the gun looked to be never fired and at 100.00 less then new I thought it was a great deal for 449.00 (they were 550.00 new at the same shop).

Heres a pic

·
Banned
5,375 Posts
I just wanted to see what all the hype was about. I didn't have a .40 so I picked up a 23. Shot it for two days and decided I was not going to be able to shoot it a little bit, so I sold it to a coworker and bought a 19 so I could feed it cheap ammo. Been lovin' it. Wish I woulda kept the 23 now. Never sell a Glock. I now have the 19 and a 26 and am looking to purchase a 35.

·
Registered
112 Posts
mine was a month ago as well...bougt it after having an h&k as a nightpiece and car gun, but never carrying it on me even though i had ccw as soon as i turned 21. bought a j-frame and gave it back to the buddy that sold it to me and bought the 26...fell in love with it...after watching yeager's info and wanting to stick with a 9 i bought my 19 just a few days ago.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
8,430 Posts
Bought my first Glock in 2002. I was wanting a good pistol and was really wanting a Glock 22, but the shop didn't have one but did have a Glock 23. I held it and fell in love.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.