close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

When CDNN says "like new" for a handgun....

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by coltrane679, Feb 18, 2005.

1. coltrane679

coltrane679

What should I expect?

I've bought lots of accessories from them, but never a used gun.

TIA for any feedback!

2. REVCHARLIE

REVCHARLIE

I say go for it, Never had any problem with them. Was alway pleased with what I got for them. Class act in my book. Hope this helps

3. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Has been a few years since bought last pistol from them but all were as advertised or better.
    However some of their adv. copy can be misleading to deceptive.

Would insure the particular gun was as available from the OEM mfg. at the time of its mfg., except perhaps sights.

4. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Buying used from a place like cdnn is a crap shoot. I'd never do it unless I planned on having it refinished, unless I got lucky. That said, some folks have gotten rough guns from them. Myself and some other folks have gotten hosed by them. I wouldn't do business with them.

5. Belialson

Belialson Guest

I did a few 226's from them and they were beat and filthy...Advertised as excellent condition...Crap shoot at best

6. glock281

glock281

On the Sigs CDNN doen't rate them. they are rated by Sig and shipped to CDNN, CDNN goes by the rating on the side of the box so you can't really blame that on them, thats a slip through/screw up on Sigs part

7. jthuang

jthuang On The Jazz

+1. Same thing happened to me. So-called Excellent condition P226 arrived and it looked like someone had dropped the gun onto pavement a few times. ;T

Fortunately I was going to ship the gun to Arizona Response Systems for their Metacol III refinish job anyway so it wasn't that big of a deal. However, I was disappointed with CDNN as normally they are stand-up people.

BTW the P226 still misfires, even with factory ammo. :soap:

8. Wicked96SS

Wicked96SS Typical Gun Nut Millennium Member

I got this G20 from CDNN and it was in good shape... needed a good cleaning, but has functioned 100% since the cleaning...

[​IMG]

That's the only gun I ever purchased from them. It was very smooth and fast, but I have heard some horror stories as well. I think "crap shoot" best sums it up.

9. Belialson

Belialson Guest

While I respect your opinion none of the sigs I got from them were in boxes of any kind so I don't know how they could not see the condition unless there is a bunch of guns just piled bulk in a box which could explain some of the dings and bangs. I couldn't tell the difference between the standard and handpick either. If you want to call it blame thats fine but I call it how I see it and thats a crapshoot at best.

Cheers

10. Glocker74

Glocker74

If you don't have a picture of the specific item, you don't really know what's coming your way.

CDNN sells factory seconds & other items they get at close out prices. You get what you pay for, there is a reason the price is low.

On the other hand, I have obtained some very good deals through them, and will continue to shop there. Their customer service has a top notch rep.

11. glock281

glock281

Granted that may be true with some of their items.
    I just received a Sig 229 (came in a box with a factory sig sticker stating serial,condition,certified) I called sig and they stated all the certified pistols they sell they also rate them in B1,B2,B3 groups (don't know what is what but mine is marked B1)
    I will try and post pics of the gun and box later if anyone wants to see them.

12. Belialson

Belialson Guest

Yes its hit and miss. You bought one of the cerified used Sigs that are part of Sigs buy back program which is like Glocks program. The guns that CDNN rates are a crapshoot. I have got both good and bad from them. If you get a Glock or Sig Certified gun through them you should be 100% better off. They had some G-21's a ways back that were like new....

Cheers

13. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun

Per Sig customer service, the B1 designation is their best grade, with B2 and B3 descending accordingly. Sig states they only re-certify the B1 grade. BTW, they also said that they do not certify or re-furb. any of the trade-in pistols sold to other distributors in bulk. So the LE trade-ins being sold by CDNN are not factory certified, simply graded by Sig re: condition.
    I bought a Sig 229 last week from CDNN, supposedly "excellent/like new" condition. Suffice it to say, I did not agree with that condition grade. Per the case it came in, Sig graded it B3. It's on its way back to CDNN. Hopefully it was just a mistake on their part, we'll see.