close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

When can we start getting rid of some of the "stickys"?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by allglock, Aug 5, 2003.

1. allglock

allglock Guest

It seems as though The parts and accessories forum has enough stickys to fill half the page. Some are really old, and should probably be removed. JMO

2. Scott

Scott Free at last! Millennium Member

Just saw this post. I've asked Rusty (the Mod in P&A) to see if any of the older ones can be "unstuck".
    Thanks!
    - Scott

3. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

i moved a few of them to the want ads admin - as they are about those who have been screwed, or those who have been screwing others

a couple (the group purchase) i simply unstuck and let drop to the bottom of the stack

and the ones concerning our buddy from texas i left stuck

please see http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=172546

one of my biggest concerns with the want ads has always been people getting screwed on a deal

and it is frustrating for me to get the "rusty - i have been screwed by so and so on glocktalk - is there anything that you can do?" emails

the fact is - there aint much that i can do

thankfully - more often than not - the email is from someone who is impatient and probably spent a little more than he should have, and is sitting there thinking - when the heck are those 10 preban mags that i just sent a check for $600 to some PO Box in Little Rock going to show up.... and almost without fail - the post office finally comes thru with a package after what seems like forever

a couple of times the seller had a serious problem - wife or daughter in the hospital and simply didnt check emails for a couple of weeks.....

but we do occasionally have bad apples that are out there to steal you blind

and it is so easy to do

unlike firearms transactions which must go thru a dealer - gun parts and accessories involve just the seller and buyer - separated by hundreds or thousands of miles, and who know each other only thru what each is willing to tell the other in their online conversations

alot of times these guys get the sellers address but not their phone number

gun parts and accessories are more likely to see the ripoff's occur

the stickies are there for you to read - and think - hey - this might happen to me..... the stickies are there to protect you

those stickies are about all that we can do for you if you do get ripped off

buyer beware

4. Scott

Scott Free at last! Millennium Member

Thanks Rusty!!
    I appreciate your taking the time to look through them (yet again!).
    Thanks much!
    - Scott

PS - Remember folks, these are not transactions involving GlockTalk.com It's just you and the other party working out your own deal. Just like pulling a business card off the bulletin board at the local gym. "Caveat Emptor." Rusty isn't the referee nor is he the judge. He's just a good guy volunteering his time to help keep a site he cares about up and running smoothly (like every other Moderator here).

Thanks,
    Scott