close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Whats your yearly round count average??

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Terminator, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Terminator

Terminator

I know some get to practice more thanothers, and i myself rarely get to practice due to hectic work schedule, and family stuff, but i wondered how many rounds you guys practice with annually.

Bobby C, Don, FireGlock, Clem, and all you all that do so well at GSSF events please lend some knowledge.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

About 25,000 on average. I would like to increase that some but haven't had the chance yet. My bigest problem with practice is that it's not a consistant routine. I may practice twice a week this month and then next month might only get to practice once all month. I would feel better if I practiced once a week consistantly.

3. Terminator

Terminator

Thanks for the reply Don, I figured that about 20-25k is about right. Im going to have to up it a bit since im averaging about 5-6 hundred for handguns, and way less for rifle and shotgun. I need to make more time, but there isnt much to make.

4. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I understand the time thingy; I am retired but still often have trouble finding the time to do some things. Good luck, I really think consistant practice as a regular routine and the quality of the practice means more the quantity of rounds down range. Sounds like you have a wide range of shooting so I can see where that, family and work would make it tough.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

My practice isn't what it has been. I've shot as many as 35,000 a year and as little 3,000 a year. In the last two weekends I've shot 2,300 rounds total. I've tightened up considerably because of it. As a suggestion, shooting regularly helps and is fun but I find that an intense session once or twice in the two or three weeks prior to the match helps me the most. My best times have always followed those intense sessions. By intense I mean a solid, purposeful session using the setups we shoot and shooting at least 500 rounds.

6. Carlitos

Carlitos

"and all you all that do so well at GSSF events please lend some knowledge."

As one of three members of GSSF Team Shooters Paradise I can tell you I rarely practice with live ammo. That may sound odd, but I find that simply putting on my gunbelt & holster and practicing dry fire at home generally helps out plenty.

GSSF Team Shooters Paradise won two out of the three GSSF competitions we entered this season (PA: 1st; MD: 1st; OH: 2nd).

I compete just about every weekend during the outdoor season & about 2 to 3 times per month during the winter. I also shoot IDPA and USPSA. I use competition as my live-fire practice. I go through about 15,000 to 20,000 rounds per year - all of it reloaded (except for shotgun & rifle ammo for 3gun). Regards,

D.C. Johnson
    GSSF
    USPSA/IPSC
    NROI R.O.
    IDPA S.O.
    www.shootersparadise.com

7. Fireglock

Dry firing is a good method of practice, but it's not enough if you want to consistently shoot under 100. To win and move to Master you'll need to be in the 70's and 80's. Occasionally it takes a 60 something to win AmCiv. The only way for most of us to get there is by shooting, and shooting the course is a good way to practice.

8. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

I compete in different types of shooting events so I practice different formats like: IPSC, IDPA, GSSF, Paper and Iron and Bullseye. I average about 50,000 rounds a year in practice and matches. I love shooting and can't get enough of it.

Thanks,
    Bobby

9. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

As high as 100,000 a year for a few years. Most years 40-50K.

10. fabricator

fabricator Got Biodiesel?

Prolly around 36k, glad to see some of the other posts, I was begining to think I'd gone round the bend.:)

11. Clem

Clem

Wish I could say that Donna & I go through as many rounds as everyone else, but the both of us shoot less than 15,000 rounds combined annually. This includes our match ammo (you know, the "special" Winchester USA 9mm! ;) ). We both love to shoot, of course, and would do more, but the $$ keep getting in the way! C'mon, LOTTERY!! Tony.

12. Fireglock

I thought you didn't practice? ;Q

13. Terminator

Terminator

I had time for a hundred rounds yesterday, and picked up 200 more today. I had a really good practice yesterday, and if weather is ok tomorrow i hope to get those two hundred in.

14. TXMike

TXMike

My lowest round count in the last 20 years. 200 last weekend and 50 about 5 months ago. Managed 2000 shotgun rounds. Rode the @#$%& bus to work about 200 times this year though. Guess which one I'll be doing tomorrow?

15. Clem

Clem

Look at the numbers, Jerry! Compared to everyone else, I DON'T PRACTICE!! ;) ;f