What's Your Thoughts on the CZ-75B??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Nalapombu, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Nalapombu

Nalapombu Millennium Member

Hey all,

I was looking around the other night and thinking about what I might like to get as my next handgun. There's lots that I want, but I think I might like to try something I have never owned or shot before. I would also like to give some of these gun "games" like IDPA and 3 gun stuff a try, I've never done that before either. Seems like I've been missing out on quite a bit. But that's another story.

Anyway, some of the ones that crossed my mind were:

1. FN 9mm with cocked and locked feature.
    2. HK 45 Compact.
    3. HK P7 PSP
    4. S&W M&P 9mm or 45ACP
    5. CZ-75B

I have only handled the 75 a couple of times. One was a LONG time ago when they were all the rage. The last time was a year or so ago and I remember thinking how great it felt in my hand. Of course the others on the list are all great guns too, but for some reason I keep coming back to the 75B. I know they have a lot of history and lots of people really LOVE them. I have read stories about how accurate and reliable they are. Seems they are pretty popular as a competition piece too. Of course they have a bunch of different varieties over there at CZ, the regular 75B is what I would be looking at.

I don't know how it would work as a CCW piece, but I have my G19 for that anyway.

What do you think of the CZ75B or even the CZ85B?? Do they make for a fun day at the range or at the local IDPA shoot?

Something about them just attracts me to them....

Any info or stories you'd care to tell about your experience with the CZ's would be appreciated. I love seeing gun pics and reading good gun stories....so feel free to ad BOTH if you want.

Thanks for your time and opinions....
    Nalajr

2. Caladan

Caladan

We have an 85 Combat. It is the one with ambi slide lock/release levers and safety levers that do not de-cock the handgun, and adjustable sights. If I remember correctly, it does not have a mag safety either. Out of the box accuracy is probably the best of all our box-stock semi-autos. We added the Hogue rubber grip, and it just melds to the hand. Reliability is now 100%, but when new the guide-rod spring was too stiff to allow 100% cycling. Rather than shoot who knows how many rounds to get it loosened, I just replaced the spring with a Wolff and it now does just fine.

The trigger isn't bad by any means, but I would only rank it as average. If one were to use it as a match gun, you would want to have some trigger work done. Overall though, it is one of our favored range guns, and I can highly recommend them.

3. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Hands down the CZ75 B is my favorite 9mm handgun. Looking to pick up a PO-1 in the near future.

4. SigFTW

SigFTW

The CZ75 and PO-1 are on my list. However, they are hard to find right now in my area.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  5. countrygun

countrygun

I have a 7-, 75 compact and a P-06. They are reliable VERY accurate and the fulls size is a hoot to shoot. I have plans on ordering another through the Custom shop and having Angus Hobdel do his trigger magic.

6. mingaa

mingaa

7. 1gewehr

1gewehr

My '94 CZ-75B has over 20,000 rounds through it without ANY problems. My wife's '99 broke a firing pin. But there was a bad batch of firing pins made about that time. It has been flawless ever since.
    Even with the dollar being virtually worthless overseas, the CZ is still a bargain for the level of quality.

8. Cambo

Cambo

A gun so good I have 3 of them. Second only to Browning Hi Power(my opinion).

9. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I'm still kicking myself for selling the one I had.

10. Golddog

Golddog

I have five CZ 75 9mm's, and they're so good that I sold all my other handguns. The DA pulls are long and mushy, but the SA is excellent on all of them. Since I carry cocked and locked, the DA pull is irrelevant, anyway.

I had CZ Custom convert two of them to SAO, with a straight trigger, competition hammer, and no firing pin block; their triggers now match the best 1911's. But my favorite remains a stock 75 SAO, which had a great pull right out of the box.

All (including four others that I traded away) have been totally reliable, very accurate, and a delight to hold. I've tried a lot of handguns and found none that match these.

11. Hollytheninja

Hollytheninja

A friend of mine has a CZ that was worked on by those guys and its just amazing :wow:

http://czcustom.com/

I'd love to get one myself someday, but theres a few other things I want first :supergrin:

12. High Altitude

High Altitude

I recently picked up a CZ 75 SP-01 model in 9mm and I am very impressed.

It shoots great, reliable, outstanding ergos.........

The only negative is the SA trigger has a good amount of creep in it, but there are solutions to get it fixed if you want to.

I definitely see other CZ pistols in my future.

13. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

I think the 75B would be a great gamer gun.

Superb practical accuracy, a great offhand shooter and it seems to like most of the bullets I try in it.

Conventional rifling for lead bullets, seems to help with plated too.

Positive (fast) trigger reset. Not as fast as a Glock, but better than HK or Sig.

The excellent ergonomics help with everything from snatching it out of the holster to pointing to DA/SA transition shooting.

Plus it accepts one of the very best .22 conversions ever made, the Kadet.

[​IMG]

14. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle

Agreed on the CZ. My only gripe with my HK45c is that the magazines are too darn expensive.

15. Sheepdog Scout

Sheepdog Scout Behind you!

CZs are good to go. I have both safety models and decockers. I love 'em.

16. shootingrn

shootingrn

If your considering a P7 and find one at a decent price you should jump on it. They seem to be getting scarce and expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

You know these damn CZ's have gotten so popular it's hard to find a specialized model now!! They use to be so easy to find cheap in any model and it seems like overnight their best kept secret was done!! I have a CZ Customs 85 Combat and my fingers have never touched any handgun that even comes close to it, and I am FAR from a novice!! The CZ 75 family is probably the best line of pistols on the face of the earth!! No BS!!!

18. chris in va

chris in va

I was using my Sig 220 for IDPA, switched to my 75bd and my scores improved drastically, despite going 'minor'. I'd actually like to have a 75b instead.

19. bac1023

bac1023

I think the 75B is one of the best 9mms available today.

20. adamg01

adamg01

I would put it in the top 3 of best 9mm platforms available.